The Audiobook's Dash to Digital
- El futuro del libro Â¿estÃ¡ realmente en los eBooks? Montalvo, Cesar // Boletin de la Asociacion Andaluza de Bibliotecarios;ene2009, Vol. 24 Issue 94/95, p180
No abstract available.
- eREADERS Reading frenzy. // Computer Shopper;Dec2012, Issue 298, p102
The article tackles various issues related to electronic book readers (eReaders). It offers information on eReaders which can store numerous electronic books (eBooks) and enable users to purchase new titles instantly. It examines the differences between the file format accepted by the Kindle...
- Sonic mediatization of the book: affordances of the audiobook. Have, Iben; Pedersen, Birgitte Stougaard // MedieKultur: Journal of Media & Communication Research;2013, Vol. 29 Issue 54, p123
This article addresses cultural changes resulting from the growing number of audiobook users and changes in audiobook use emerging from digital technological developments of the past decade. The sonification of the written text is inscribed in the general transformation and mediatization of the...
- Libros, no papeles. Ernesto Blanco, Luis // Debates IESA;jul-sep2012, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p88
No abstract available.
- The Kindle and the indexer. Bosschieter, Pierke // Indexer;Sep2010, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p116
Pierke Bosschieter reports on her experiences, as reader and professional indexer, as she sought refuge from her overflowing bookcases in first the BeBook One and then Kindle. The verdict is mixed.
- Kindelizaton: Are Books Obsolete? Krashen, Stephen // CSLA Journal;Fall2011, p10
The article offers insights on the kindelization of books or the prevalence of electronic books (ebook) and ebook Readers in the U.S. In January 2011, kindle book sales were reported to exceed the total sales of both hardcover and paperback books, with ebooks having a market share of 17 percent...
- A New Kind of Book and a Really Cheap Reader. Castelluccio, Michael // Strategic Finance;Nov2012, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p67
The author reflects on the future of book publishing with the introduction of the electronic publishing format version 3 (EPUB 3) and the Beagle e-Ink reader from Txtr. EPUB is described as a popular, open source project and a standard format in publishing. It is built on the HTML5 computer...
- Chapter and verse on new e-readers. Wailes, Michael D. // Northern Colorado Business Report;2/11/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p9
The article focuses on the advantages of switching to digital books. The author discusses aspects of electronic reader, a small and portable device that allows people to read digital version of not only books but also magazines, newspapers and an assortment of digitized documents. He shares his...
- E-READERS AND HEDGEHOGS. WADDINGTON-FEATHER, JOHN // Christian Librarian (0309-4170);Summer2013, Issue 61, p32
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in using an electronic reader in writing.