E-Books: Holidays Leave Bestsellers Stronger Than Ever
- Finding the Right Role for Trade Paperbacks. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;4/23/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 17, p3
The article looks at the transitional state of trade paperback books with a focus on the life cycle of a book. Topics include the growing industry of digital publishing, necessary changes to the format of trade paperback production, the decline of hardcover and paperback sales at bookstores, and...
- First environmental bookstore on the World-Wide Web. // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Winter95, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p239
Reports on the launching by the National History Book Service, a specialist mail-order environmental bookstore, of a site in the World Wide Web, called NHBS BookNet. Free access given to the said site; Some of the principal features offered.
- WHOLESALERS. // Quill & Quire;Dec2007 Canadian Publishers Dir, Vol. 73, p38
The article lists bookselling wholesalers in Canada which include Atlantic Book Ltd., Accent Publications Inc. and Fairmount Books Inc.
- CANADIAN BOOK AND AUDIO-VISUAL SOURCES. // Quill & Quire;Dec2007 Canadian Publishers Dir, Vol. 73, p2
The article lists various publishers, distributors and bookselling wholesalers in Canada which include Agogic Publishing, Abbeyfield Publishers and Savant Books.
- Publishers/Distributors. // Refugee Survey Quarterly;1998, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p271
The article lists several publishers and distributors including Aletheia Press, Cambridge University Press, and Netherlands Institute of Human Rights.
- SOME JEWISH BOOKSELLERS AND BOOKSHOPS IN JOHANNESBURG: PAST AND PRESENT. Musiker, Reuben // Jewish Affairs;Chanukah2008, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p38
The article provides an overview of Jewish bookshops and booksellers in Johannesburg, South Africa. Bookshops which are owned by Jews include Rubin's Bookshop, Chabad House, Kollel Bookshop, and South African Zionist Federation. Jewish booksellers whose bookshops have a variable degree of...
- Bookstores vs. Online: Who's The Best Shopper? // Book Publishing Report;Jun2010, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p1
The article presents the 2010 Trends in Trade Book Retailing report which compares the best shoppers from the online and the on-site bookstore clientele. It indicates that the largest group of buyers in the U.S. purchases fewer than five books annually while the smallest group of clientele buys...
- Should Parallel Import Restrictions be removed? NO. Moran, Alan // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Jun2011, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p39
The article focuses on whether the Parallel Import Restrictions on books should be removed in Australia. It states that import restrictions on books should not be removed. It tells that government action for removing such restrictions will ruin the private property rights. It is further said...
- Memories of Miles -- Miles Blackwell and his contribution to South African librarianship. Hooper, A.S.C.; Viljoen, J.H. // South African Journal of Libraries & Information Science;2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p91
The contribution of BH Blackwell (BHB), and specifically of Miles Blackwell, to the development of libraries and librarians in South Africa is explored based on available literature sources and personal reminiscences. This article tells how Miles was true to his personal values and how he...