Retailer Watch: 'Tis the Season for Giving
- New Report: One in Five Adults Buys Children's Books. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2009, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p1
The article presents the results of the winter 2009 statistics of the Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc. regarding sale of children's books in the U.S. It says that 21% of the adults bought at least one book during the 12 months before the survey. It compares the 2009 result to the 2007 result...
- AAP: Trade Net Sales Drop 13.7% in Q1. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2009, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the 13.7% decline on the net sales of trade books in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2009. According to the Association of American Publishers (AAP), the decline of sales is a result to the market shift from to a less expensive format. A chart is presented depicting the...
- Q1 College Textbook Sales Decline 8.2%. // Educational Marketer;5/23/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the 8.2-percent decline in sales of college textbook in the U.S. in the first quarter of fiscal 2011. According to the Association of American Publishers (AAP), the decline of the quarterly net sales in 2011 contrasts the 18-percent net sales in the first quarter of 2010....
- Simmons pulls plug on key research methods. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/94, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p13
Reports that Simmons Market Research Bureau is abandoning its research procedures. Reasons for change in procedures; Problems with past procedures; Comparisons with competitors.
- A new method to the madness. // MediaWeek;9/19/94, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p2
Reports on Simmons Market Research Bureau's plan to implement a new interview methodology in its May 1995 survey. Query to respondents about articles they recently read; Appointment of Rebecca McPheters as president and chief executive officer of Simmons Market.
- Hispanic database. // Editor & Publisher;1/8/94, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the launching of a study of Hispanic media and markets by Simmons Market Research bureau.
- A new read on readers. Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;03/23/98, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p19
Deals with the reorganization of the consumer marketing survey firm Simmons Market Research Bureau Incorporated. Purpose of the reorganization; Services that the firm offers to consumers; Information about the revamped of the firm in 1994.
- Simmons study released. Clark, Tim // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Jul94, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the findings of Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc.'s study on what computer professionals read. Expansion of the study's scope; Readership share of several weekly publications.
- BOOK 'EM. Schurr, Amanda // Just Out;11/20/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p21
The article offers information on several booksellers in the U.S. including the Looking Glass Books, the Laughing Horse Books and the Wallace Books.