Bestselling Staples Mostly Untouched in November
- NORMAN MAILER'S BEST SELLERS. LENNON, J. MICHAEL // Mailer Review;Fall2008, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p270
The article features Norman Mailer's novels that made it to the New York Times best-seller list. His Pacific war novel "The Naked and the Dead," was the only novel he published that made it to the number one spot on June 20, 1948 and remained in the list for 62 consecutive weeks. Ten other books...
- The top ten. Lane, Anthony // New Yorker;6/27/94-7/4/94, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p79
Critiques the books in the `New York Times' top ten bestselling fiction as of May 15, 1994 to evaluate the significance of best-selling charts as a culture barometer. `Like Water for Chocolate,' by Laura Esquivel; `Disclosure' by Michael Crichton; `Lovers' by Judith Krantz; `The Alienist,' by...
- Adjustments Allow More Titles To Earn NYT Bestseller Status In Third Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;10/02/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p1
Reports that the decision of 'The New York Times' to separate its children's list from the traditional adult list has allowed more book titles to earn best-seller status in the United States in the third quarter of 2000. Number of hardcovers and paperbacks that appeared on the bestseller list...
- In How-To Bestseller Lists, Prayer Sizzled, The Soup Cooled and The Cheese Finally Moved. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;1/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the advice, how-to and miscellaneous bestseller lists of 'The New York Times' newspaper as of January 21, 2002. Top position held by 'The Prayer of Jabez,' by David Kopp, on the hardcover bestseller list; Top position held by 'The Four Agreements,' by Don Miguel Ruiz on the paperback...
- Same Titles Lead Advice Lists. // Book Publishing Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p7
Discusses about the change in bestseller lists as reported by the New York Times.
- Authority of N.Y. Times bestseller list questioned. Bing, Jonathan // Variety;08/28/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 2, p3
Reports that the `New York Times' bestseller list has been discarded by biggest booksellers in the United States. Comments from `New York Times' surveys editor Michael Kagay; Book that is not on the list in the August 2000 issue; Strategy to prevent deep-pocketed authors from buying a place on...
- The Tom Clancy Effect? // Atlantic;Nov2004, Vol. 294 Issue 4, p59
This article presents an analysis regarding the significance of the New York Times best-seller list on sales-increase of authors. According to the analysis of the Times hardcover fiction titles, the best-seller list directly influences the sales volume of authors making a first appearance on the...
- Amazon.com goes to court seeking right to use New York Times' list. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/21/99-06/28/99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the legal battle between online bookseller Amazon.com and `The New York Times' over Amazon's use of the newspaper's bestseller list.
- Changing Industry? On The Bestseller Lists It Was Deja vu All Over Again. // Book Publishing Report;01/08/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p1
Presents an annual review of the 'New York Times' newspaper's 2000 bestseller lists. Consumer publishers that dominated the lists; Categories of authors that had the longest stints on the fiction lists; Top authors in the non-fiction lists.