E-Books: Many Expected Results in October, At Least One Surprise
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK. // Crain's New York Business;11/16/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p6
The article offers news briefs of New York. Author Dan Brown's latest thriller "The Lost Symbol" sold 100,000 e-books in its first week out, or about 5 percent of total sales for the book. The Central Park Conservancy has been trying to come up with funds to fix the damage caused by a severe...
- Lost and Found. Mackes, Marilyn // NACE Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p7
The article discusses reading books and investing on an electronic-reader to be able to capture books anytime at anyplace. It notes that reading can raise various ideas including taking risks, leveraging knowledge and connections in the community and being a leader. It discusses diverse set of...
- E-Books: Despite the Hype, Lost Symbol Falls Short. // Book Publishing Report;Oct2009, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p10
The article offers information on the top 20 electronic book titles in September 2009 in the U.S. It states that the book "The Lost Symbol," by Dan Brown fails to land the number one spot due to Stephenie Meyer's "Eclipse" and Pat Conroy's "South of Broad." Meanwhile, the top author is Charlaine...
- BOOKS. McGee, Celia // Town & Country;Sep2009, Vol. 163 Issue 5352, p86
The article refers to several books as suggestions by the author, which include Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol," "A Gate at the Stairs," by Lorrie Moore, and "Last Night in Twisted River," by John Irving.
- Hardcover Bestsellers/Fiction. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;10/5/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 40, p12
A list of best selling hardcover fiction books for the week ending October 5, 2009 is presented, including "The Lost Symbol," by Dan Brown, "An Echo in the Bone," by Diana Gabaldon and "The Last Song," by Nicholas Sparks.
- Lost Symbol On Top. // Publishers Weekly;1/25/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that the book "The Lost Symbol," by Dan Brown debuted as number one in top fiction bestseller list in France.
- Independent Bookstores: Hype Lost in The Lost Symbol Run-Up. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2009, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p1
The article offers information on the retailing trend of the book "The Lost Symbol," by Dan Brown in U.S. independent bookstores for 2009.
- Paperback Bestsellers/Mass Market. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;12/13/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 49, p12
A list of the paperback bestsellers under the mass market category as of December 13, 2010 is presented, including "The Lost Symbol," by Dan Brown, "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," by Stieg Larsson, and "U Is for Undertow," by Sue Grafton.
- The Lost Symbol. Geier, Thorn // Entertainment Weekly;9/25/2009, Issue 1067, p71
The article reviews the book "The Lost Symbol," by Dan Brown.