Publishers See Help in Q3, Though 2009 Still Lags
- Publishers' First Quarter Generally Stronger Year-Over-Year. // Book Publishing Report;May2010, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the revenues and profits of trade publishing houses in which a rebound for the first quarter of 2010 is observed according to the "Book Publishing Report" (BPR). It says that profit increase of 53.7% is reported by four publishers including Simon & Schuster Inc.,...
- HC reports strong gains in profits. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/16/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 7, p111
Notes that HarperCollins continues to report improved operating results, as of February 1998, compared to 1997. Statistics about finances; Sales in second quarter; Reasons for improvements; Optimism for second half of year; Mention of new children's editorial director.
- With 35% Increase, HarperCollins' Revenues Passed $1 Billion In 2000. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the financial performance of HarperCollins for the year ended June 30, 2000.
- Newly merged HarperCollins posts hike in revenues, operating profit. // Book Publishing Report;11/01/99, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the financial performance of publisher HarperCollins for the quarter ended September 30, 1999. Increase in revenues and operating profit following company's acquisition of William Morrow and Avon; Cost-cutting measures of the company.
- HC doubled second quarter profits, as revenues increased by a third. // Book Publishing Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the financial performance of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. in the quarter ending December 31, 1999. Operating profits; Acquisition of William Morrow and Avon; Sales of children's books.
- Sales, Earnings Rebound At HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim; Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 7, p10
Deals with the profit growth posted by HarperCollins (HC) in the second quarter ended December 31, 2001. Book successes of HC; Company segments which contributed to the profit growth; Changes made in the management of HC Canada.
- Economy the Scapegoat Once Again. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2009, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on the business condition of publishing companies in the U.S. as of August 2009. It says that Harlequin Inc. gained 33.5 million U.S. dollars in operating profit. It reports a 115.8% decrease in the operating profit of HarperCollins Publishers LLC. It also notes a 76% decline...
- Profits Jump at HC In First Quarter. // Publishers Weekly;11/23/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 47, p10
Notes that HarperCollins saw a rise in operating profit for the first quarter of 1998. Reasons for rise; Earnings; Sales gains; Ability to cut costs; Profit compared with the previous first quarter.
- Slow 2Q Doesn't Keep HarperCollins From Posting First-Half Growth. // Book Publishing Report;02/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p5
Reports on increased operating results posted by publisher HarperCollins through the first half of fiscal 2001, despite a sluggish second quarter. Sales and operating income; Major honors won by the publisher during the quarter.