Good Grades for Fall List
- BOOK 'EM. Schurr, Amanda // Just Out;11/20/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p21
The article offers information on several booksellers in the U.S. including the Looking Glass Books, the Laughing Horse Books and the Wallace Books.
- Redbook: July Store Sales Down 0.5% Versus June. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33559, p2
The article reports on the decline of the sales of Johnson Redbook retail sales by 0.5% in the fourth week of June 2011 in the U.S.
- Oregon bookseller: `No Washingtonians allowed.' Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p24
Discusses Oregon Books in Depoe Bay, Oregon. The fact that it stocks titles only by and about Oregonians; The possibility of commercial success; The bookstore's uniqueness.
- Vargas, Lackberg, The Casts. // Publishers Weekly;6/20/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 25, p8
This article reports on the release of several best-selling books of U.S. authors overseas in 2011.
- America's BOOK-LOG. // America;1/19/1957, Vol. 96 Issue 16, p460
Two lists are presented including the top ten best selling Catholic books in the U.S. as of January 1957 and the book stores who reported their best-selling books.
- The Boulder Model: Making Self-Published Books Pay. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;7/26/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 29, p19
The article reports on the move of many booksellers in the U.S. to follow the fee structure developed by Boulder Book Store that provides self-published writers with promotional opportunities. Boulder has asked these writers to pay a 25-dollar-handling fee to compensate for the cost of stocking...
- Chain Sales Head Downhill. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/12/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 15, p3
The article reports on the 6.9 percent decrease in the total sales of major booksellers in the U.S. for the year ended January 31, 2010.
- America's BOOK-LOG. // America;12/21/1957, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p382
The article lists the top 10 best selling books in the U.S. as of December 1957 including "The Day Christ Died," by Jim Bishop, "Raphael Cardinal Merry Del Val," by Marie C. Buehrle and "Theology for Beginners," by Frank J. Sheed, and the stores that report their best-selling books in December...
- Downward Trend in Bookstore Sales Continues. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/21/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 8, p20
This article discusses the downward trend in sales of bookstores in the U.S. Bookstore sales dropped by 1.4 percent in 2010. The industry repored sales declines since 2008. Bookstores attributed the trend to the recession. However, they expressed optimism for their sales in 2011 in part due to...