Disney, Scholastic Cutting E-Book Devices Out of the Equation
- Disney Pixar Monsters University Storybook Deluxe. W. B. // Children's Technology Review;Jul2013, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p7
The article evaluates the Disney Pixar Monsters University Storybook Deluxe application from Disney Publishing Worldwide.
- Disney considers move to New York. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/15/94, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the plan of Disney Publishing to relocate from Burbank, California to New York City.
- Disney takes mouse works, licensed to Penguin, in-house. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/14/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 7, p10
Reports on Disney Publishing's decision to make its Mickey Mouse Works mass merchandise line a self-published imprint. Examples of the Mouse Works books; Foundation of the early Mouse Works list; Mouse Work's access to Disney's core properties and classic film characters; Outlets for the Mouse...
- Disney reshapes children's book operation. // Publishers Weekly;3/27/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 13, p11
Reports on Disney Publishing's restructuring of its children's book operation. Transfer of its mass merchandise titles published by Disney Press to Mouse Works; Disney Press' goal of concentrating on hardcovers and paperbacks; Merger of Disney Press into Hyperion Books for Children.
- Disney scales publishing peaks. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;5/18/96, Vol. 108 Issue 20, p38
Reports on the success of Walt Disney Music Publishing's catalog operations. Company's gold and platinum success with songs covered by Reba McEntire, John Michael Montgomery, All-4-One and others; Diversification strategy mapped out by Disney Music Publishing vice president Susan Borgeson as...
- ESPN launch looms, and sport books redesign. Cassidy, Neil; Charlesworth, Eric // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/98, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p12
Provides information on Disney Publishing Company which is launching a biweekly ESPN magazine. Cost to launch the magazine; When first issue is due out; Comments from Norb Garrett, editor of Petersen publishing's Sport; Reference to `The Sporting News' magazine.
- Tips for Toddlers. Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;3/3/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p46
Reports the inclusion of an insert called 'Family Fun 123,' in Disney Publishing Worldwide's 'Family Fun,' September and November 2003 issues. Targeted readers for the insert; Reason for not including the insert as a regular section; Details on the magazine's circulation.
- Disney crashes Premiere sale. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/95, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p16
Reports that Disney Publishing joined other companies who are considering a bid for K-III Magazine's `Premiere.' Implications of Disney's bid; Other companies vying for the magazine.
- Skipper sails upward at Disney. // MediaWeek;8/1/94, Vol. 4 Issue 31, p2
Reports on the appointment of John Skipper as vice president of Disney Publishing. Responsibilities; Previous position.