Category Review: Graphic Novels Still Misunderstood
- Tom Strong: Book Four (Book). Flagg, Gordon // Booklist;1/1/2005-1/15/2005, Vol. 101 Issue 9/10, p836
Reviews the book â€œTom Strong: Book Four,â€ by Alan Moore.
- Tom Strong's Terrific Tales: Book One (Book). Flagg, Gordon // Booklist;1/1/2005-1/15/2005, Vol. 101 Issue 9/10, p836
Reviews the book â€œTom Strong's Terrific Tales: Book One,â€ by Alan Moore.
- Classroom Comics: Children's Medium and the New Literacy. Ripley, Doré // Interdisciplinary Humanities;Spring2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p99
The article focuses on the use of graphic novels or comics as an educational medium for children in the classroom. It states that students should not only peruse speech bubbles, they must also decode images and dig deep for responsive ideas and become comfortable at interpreting the visual or...
- GRAPHIC NOVELS AND COMICS IN LIBRARIES. Wilkins, Daniell // Indiana Libraries;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p17
Focuses on the importance of comic books and graphic novels. Description of the comic book "Watchman," by Alan Moore; Literary devices taught by comic books; Tips on developing a graphic novel collection.
- Alan Moore's America's Best Comics (Book). Moore, Alan // Booklist;3/1/2004, Vol. 100 Issue 13, p1148
Reviews the book "Alan Moore's America's Best Comics," by Alan Moore.
- The Magus in Marks and Spencer. Starr, Mike; Wiseman-Trowse, Nathan // Studies in Comics;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including cultural influence of English comic writer Alan Moore, academic canon and his relationship to mainstream culture and his global importance into the twenty first century.
- THE CHARTS. // Entertainment Weekly;7/13/2007, Issue 943, p75
Two charts are presented of the best-selling comic books and graphic novels in the Hijinx Comics retail store in San Jose, California as of June 27, 2007.
- Good Sales Get Better in 2015. O’Leary, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;6/8/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 23, p6
The article reports on the increased sales experienced by periodical comics and graphic novels in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2014 and in the first quarter of 2015. Topics discussed include the 18% increase in print units of graphic novels in the first quarter of 2015, the Annual Comics...
- Classic 'Watch' keeps ticking. Thielman, Sam // Variety;8/11/2008, Vol. 411 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on how motion picture producers and graphic novel publishers have used the comic book "Watchmen" to promote new products. The comic book, created by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, has featured films such as "From Hell" and "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen," and maintains...