Study: One in 10 Adult Book Buyers Read Comics
- BPR Exclusive: Who's Reading Hardcover, Anyway? // Book Publishing Report;Jun2013, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p1
The article explores the trends in reading hardcover books in the U.S. It reflects on the attendance for the Book Expo America (BEA) 2013. It also examines a survey from Simba Information in February 2013 which revealed that only about 9.8 percent of American adults read at least 10 or more...
- The Tablet Reader: Parents vs. Everyone Else. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2013, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses a survey by Simba Information on 2,000 parents and non-parents about children's reading habits and how tablets influenced these habits. It states that non-parents somewhat or strongly agree that children read less while parents strongly agree that their children read less....
- iPad Unchecks Boxes With Faster, Heavier Version. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2012, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the launching of Apple Inc.'s new iPad tablet computer, a heavier, bigger, and thicker version that kept most electronic book reading customers from buying one. It describes the physical characteristics of the iPad and notes that Apple did not highlight the importance of...
- Mobile Phones: Behind the Dismal E-Book Usage Rates. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2013, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p1
The article examines the disengagement of consumers in using smartphones to read electronic books (e-books). It references a proprietary survey from Simba Information in February 2013 which showed that about 63 percent of smartphones owners do not read books. It also suggests that because...
- Buyers Fall in Winter as 'Media Moochers' Keep Rising. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2013, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p9
The article discusses a proprietary survey conducted by Simba Information on book buying trends in the U.S. in the winter 2013. The survey revealed that print buyers dropped to 60. 8 million adults from 63.6 million adults in 2013 while paperback buyers dropped from 89.3 million adults to 87.4...
- New Philly Schools CEO Keynotes Simba Conf. // Electronic Education Report;8/16/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on speakers of the educational conference of Simba Information in New York City. Background of Philadelphia public school Chief Executive Officer Paul G. Vallas; Focus of Secretary of Education Grover Whitehurst on accountability; Contact information.
- Internet market study. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;9/4/95, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p42
Reports that SIMBA Information has issued a demographic study of Internet users.
- Report: Sales of multimedia to colleges will grow 24% to $528.9M in 2001. // Electronic Education Report;06/24/98, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p5
Presents the highlights of Simba Information Inc.'s report about the college publishing market in the United States. Projection of the increase in the sales of multimedia products used for college instruction; Factors influencing the growth of multimedia sales in the 1997-2001 period; Growth of...
- Pepsico invades South Africa. // Snack Food;Aug95, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p13
Reports that PepsiCo Foods International (PFI) has purchased 50 percent of the shares in Simba International Inc., a South African salted snack maker. Objectives of the purchase; Profile of Simba; Benefits from the purchase.