Comic Industry Shake-Up
- Avengers Silences Critics of Disney's Marvel Deal. Bond, Paul; Masters, Kim // Hollywood Reporter;5/25/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 18, p10
The article discusses that when Walt Disney Co. acquired Marvel Entertainment Inc. for 4.3 billion dollars it was criticized by the industry people for giving a high price, however after the increase of 6 percent in its stocks, the purchase of Marvel is stated to be a smarter move.
- Disney Unloads Retail Stores. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Dec2004, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p14
Reports that the Walt Disney Co. has entered into an agreement in which the Children's Place in Secaucus acquired the Disney Store retail chain of 313 stores in North America.
- Animated powerhouses unite. White, Ben // Pipe Dream;9/25/2009, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p13
The article reports on the acquisition of the famous comic book outfit Marvel Entertainment Group Inc. by cartoon giant Walt Disney Co. in the U.S.
- DISNEY'S IN DEMAND. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/22/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Walt Disney's 40 percent chunk of E! and Style Network by cable operator Comcast for $1.23 billion in the U.S. Under the agreement, for Disney cable fare and ABC primetime TV shows will join Comcast's ever-expanding video-on-demand lineup. The company...
- Disney XD in Marvel push. // Daily Variety;1/11/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on Disney XD's launch of Marvel programming block that will feature the premiere of "Ultimate Spider-Man" on April 1, 2012, wherein it will manifests the 2009 Walt Disney Co.'s acquisition of Marvel Entertainment Inc.
- Disney dabbles in Babble. // Daily Variety;11/15/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 32, p12
The article reports that Walt Disney Co. has purchased Babble Media, which will become a part of Disney Interactive Media Group's Moms and Family portfolio.
- Disney Purchases Lucasfilm, Skywalker Sound. YOUNG, CLIVE // Pro Sound News;Nov2012, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p5
The article reports that Walt Disney Co. has fully acquired Lucasfilm Ltd. and all its subsidiaries, such as Skywalker Sound and LucasArts and Industrial Light and Magic, for 4.05 billion dollars in stocks and cash deal.
- Last Laugh. // Federal Lawyer;Jun2013, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p96
Two cartoons are presented one related to the first aid and legal aid and other regarding the acquisition of the entertainment company Disney.
- Disney's Marvel-ous deal. // Park World;Oct2009, p9
The article reports on the plan of Walt Disney Co. to acquire Marvel Entertainment Inc. for 4 billion dollars.