Highest Turnover in Months Brings More Titles to Lists
- Rate of New Releases Slips In July. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2009, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the rate of release of international standard book numbers (ISBN) for July 2009. It says that the released ISBN comprise 30.4% the 457 total ISBN on the weekly bestseller list of the USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and The New York Times. It also presents the top 20 lists...
- June Another 50 Shades Month, New Titles Down. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2012, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on the sales of newly issued books of June 2012. It states that the published books contains only 37 percent of the new International Standard Book Number (ISBN) numbers from the total 671 editions which was quite low from the sales of April and May. It further presents...
- A Game of Thrones Holds No. 1; The Help Closes In. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2011, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p6
Several charts are presented which provide data on the electronic publication of scorecards for July 2011 including the top 20 book titles, top 20 authors, and top 20 imprints.
- Bloom Fades From Romance But Category Still Shines. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2011, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p3
The article offers information on the ranking of the romance category in July 2010 to June 2011. It states that in 2010, the romance category had a rating of 933 from 482 editions of 248 titles. It mentions that Sara Gruen, who is the author of the book "Water for Elephants," topped the top 20...
- Media Tie-Ins Take Spotlight in January. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2010, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p3
Several charts are presented that depict the media tie-ins in January 2010 including top 20 authors, imprints, and book titles.
- August Ends Summer of Erotica. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2012, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p6
The article offers information on the several book titles being recognized by publicly-traded bookstores as drivers of book sales in the U.S. month ending August 2012. It says that the sales of E. L. James "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy has dropped from 2.2 million to 1.7 million copies in July....
- Cooking Still Evolving, But Mostly Favoring Print. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2013, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses the ranking of books in the cooking category for 2012. It says that the category has improved its ranking to number 36 from number 39 in 2011. It states that 81 book editions from 76 titles were included in the bestseller lists of the periodicals "Publishers Weekly," "USA...
- Fiction Tops Nonfiction for First Time in May 2009. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2009, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the lead of fiction against nonfiction books in the bestselling titles over the four weeks ending May 30, 2009 in the U.S. It shows that fiction obtained 34 bestselling books while nonfiction obtained 16 bestselling books under the top 50 in the market. Several charts are...
- Scorecard: Spring Lists, E-Books Boost New Titles in April. // Book Publishing Report;May2011, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p5
Several charts are presented which provide data on electronic book publications for April 2011 including the top 20 book titles, top 20 authors, and top 20 imprints.