Independent Bookstores: Hype Lost in The Lost Symbol Run-Up
- BOOKS. McGee, Celia // Town & Country;Sep2009, Vol. 163 Issue 5352, p86
The article refers to several books as suggestions by the author, which include Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol," "A Gate at the Stairs," by Lorrie Moore, and "Last Night in Twisted River," by John Irving.
- The bookstore for book lovers. Dorko, Lilith // New Orleans Magazine;Feb2010, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p133
The article discusses the independent bookstore Maple Street Book Shop, located in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Cabinets of curiosities. Zushi, Yo // New Statesman;10/12/2012, Vol. 141 Issue 5127, p14
The author looks at the history of the district of independent bookstores around Charing Cross Road in London, England, and its status as of 2012, ruing the fact that many of the stores have closed.
- Lost Symbol On Top. // Publishers Weekly;1/25/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that the book "The Lost Symbol," by Dan Brown debuted as number one in top fiction bestseller list in France.
- Hardcover Bestsellers/Fiction. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;10/5/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 40, p12
A list of best selling hardcover fiction books for the week ending October 5, 2009 is presented, including "The Lost Symbol," by Dan Brown, "An Echo in the Bone," by Diana Gabaldon and "The Last Song," by Nicholas Sparks.
- Not the Same Old Story. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;6/21/99, Vol. 258 Issue 12, p19
Focuses on efforts of independent bookstores to compete with virtual and literal superstores in the United States. Implications of unionization for independent booksellers; Context of the Internet and interactive concepts of book selling; Contention on the importance of personal interaction in...
- Independents' Latest, Maybe Greatest, Challenge--Finding Role In Ebook Market. // Book Publishing Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
Discusses the challenges faced by independent booksellers in the United States. Share of the electronic book (ebook) market; Prediction of Andersen Consulting for ebook sales by 2005; Presence of ebooks on the Internet.
- FALLING INTO PROFITS. Borowsky, Scott C. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Oct2009, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p16
The article offers a look at the topics discussed in the sections of the 2009 issue, including how aquarium gifts can promote the cause of helping the environment with custom merchandise and the reason why students still select independent college bookstores.
- Galaxy Bookshop. Dearner, Chris // World Literature Today;May/Jun2010, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p80
The article profiles the Galaxy Bookshop in Sydney, Australia, which specializes in horror, science fiction, and fantasy genres.