New Report: One in Five Adults Buys Children's Books
- Retailer Watch: 'Tis the Season for Giving. // Book Publishing Report;Dec2009, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the relaunch of Books Are Great Gifts campaign by the Association of American Publishers in the U.S. It mentions that despite the relaunch of the scheme, consumers believe that books are not suitable as good gifts. Simmons Market Research Bureau states that 71.4 million of...
- U.S. liquor sales drop 2.2% in '93. J.N.F. // Beverage Industry;Apr94, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on the 1993 liquor sales report presented by Simmons Market Research. Per capita consumption; Distribution agreement between Seagram and Grand Metropolitan's IDV on Absolut Vodka; New product introductions; Beverage company sales reports.
- Seasonal reduction. // Adweek Western Edition;5/9/94, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p17
Presents the results of a survey on dieting habits by Simmons Market Research Bureau. Men and women statistical report; Effect of higher income and educational bracket on dieting.
- Simmons Analysis: Do Moviegoers Buy More or Fewer Books? // Book Publishing Report;Aug2009, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p10
The article presents statistics of U.S. book buyers who also uses other forms of media by the Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc for its winter 2009 report. It also features the consumer bandwidth theory that explains why consumers are buying less books. It states the movie categories which...
- Children's Category Review: Meyer, Fantasy Dominate. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2009, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p1
The article offers information on the ranking of books in tje children's category in the U.S., published in the September 2009 issue of "Book Publishing Report." It notes that for July 2008 - June 2009 the fantasy category was positioned at the number 1 spot. It highlights that Stephenie Meyer's...
- Simmons pulls plug on key research methods. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/94, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p13
Reports that Simmons Market Research Bureau is abandoning its research procedures. Reasons for change in procedures; Problems with past procedures; Comparisons with competitors.
- A new method to the madness. // MediaWeek;9/19/94, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p2
Reports on Simmons Market Research Bureau's plan to implement a new interview methodology in its May 1995 survey. Query to respondents about articles they recently read; Appointment of Rebecca McPheters as president and chief executive officer of Simmons Market.
- Hispanic database. // Editor & Publisher;1/8/94, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the launching of a study of Hispanic media and markets by Simmons Market Research bureau.
- A new read on readers. Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;03/23/98, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p19
Deals with the reorganization of the consumer marketing survey firm Simmons Market Research Bureau Incorporated. Purpose of the reorganization; Services that the firm offers to consumers; Information about the revamped of the firm in 1994.