Is The San Diego Comic-Con A Role Model for BEA?
- Comic-Con Impact. HIRSH, LOU // Orange County Business Journal;8/16/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p24
The article reports on the competition of three cities of California San Diego County, Anaheim and Los Angeles for the hosting of the Comic-Con International convention.
- Beer, Science, Tacos In The Sun. // Wired;Jul2014, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p42
The article offers information on the San Diego Comic-Con International to be held in San Diego, California in July 2014.
- COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL. Neuman, Clayton // Fast Company;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 127, p38
The article presents a news brief for convention-based news. The article focuses on Comic-Con International, the annual industry mega-convention held in San Diego, California. It states that Comic-Con sold out for the first time ever in 2007 with attendance of 125,000. David Glanzer, Comic-Con's...
- CALENDAR. // Home Media Magazine;6/29/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p3
The article announces the 40th anniversary celebration of Comic-Con at the San Diego Convention Center in California. Guests include "Watchmen" director Zack Snyder and "Changeling" writer J. Michael Straczynski. The ICv2 Comics and Media Conference will also be held at the San Diego Marriott....
- Comic-Con Confidential. // Hollywood Reporter;7/26/2013, Issue 25, p47
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the Comic-Con International convention for 2013, the creation of Nerd HQ by Zachary Levi, and the history of Stretch Armstrong.
- Summer Camping in San Diego. PRANGE, STEPHANIE // Home Media Magazine;7/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p3
The author offers information on the 2013 Comic-Con International Convention to be held in San Diego, California.
- Matchups made in geek heaven. Kit, Borys; Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;7/26/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 33, p6
The article presents information related to the Comic-Con International convention held in San Diego, California during July 1-25, 2010. It is stated that with music blasting over every actor's entrance, Marvel Entertainment Group Inc. turned its presentation into a rock concert. The challenges...
- As Comic-Con Draws Near, So Does Fate of Its Future Home. Hirsh, Lou // San Diego Business Journal;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the effort of Comic-Con International organizers to set the schedule on the future home for the popular culture gathering likely before July 22, 2010 at the San Diego Convention Center Corp. in San Diego, California. It notes that the city is now competing against Anaheim...
- Is Comic-Con Too Big for Small Publishers? SHIVENER, RICH // Publishers Weekly;6/29/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 26, p22
The article discusses the 2015 San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) entertainment and comic convention held in San Diego, California. Topics include the concerns of small publishers regarding the value of attending SDCC, the SDCC's search for a sponsor for its Artists' Alley, where artists draw...