Simmons Analysis: Do Moviegoers Buy More or Fewer Books?
- New Report: One in Five Adults Buys Children's Books. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2009, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p1
The article presents the results of the winter 2009 statistics of the Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc. regarding sale of children's books in the U.S. It says that 21% of the adults bought at least one book during the 12 months before the survey. It compares the 2009 result to the 2007 result...
- Is A "Bookstore-Less" Recovery in the Works? // Book Publishing Report;Sep2009, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p9
The article offers information on the business condition of bookstores in the U.S. from fall of 2007 to spring of 2009. It notes the increase in non-bookstore retailers which helped the economic recovery of the book retailing industry. The survey of Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc. notes...
- Retailer Watch: 'Tis the Season for Giving. // Book Publishing Report;Dec2009, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the relaunch of Books Are Great Gifts campaign by the Association of American Publishers in the U.S. It mentions that despite the relaunch of the scheme, consumers believe that books are not suitable as good gifts. Simmons Market Research Bureau states that 71.4 million of...
- Fewer Bookstores, Fewer Buyers. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2010, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p12
The article offers information on the business conditions of the bookstores in the U.S. The winter 2010 report from the Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc. shows that 69.9 million adults buy books compared to the 67.3 million adults in the 2009 report. It says that 9.4 million adults utilize...
- U.S. liquor sales drop 2.2% in '93. J.N.F. // Beverage Industry;Apr94, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on the 1993 liquor sales report presented by Simmons Market Research. Per capita consumption; Distribution agreement between Seagram and Grand Metropolitan's IDV on Absolut Vodka; New product introductions; Beverage company sales reports.
- Seasonal reduction. // Adweek Western Edition;5/9/94, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p17
Presents the results of a survey on dieting habits by Simmons Market Research Bureau. Men and women statistical report; Effect of higher income and educational bracket on dieting.
- Simmons pulls plug on key research methods. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/94, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p13
Reports that Simmons Market Research Bureau is abandoning its research procedures. Reasons for change in procedures; Problems with past procedures; Comparisons with competitors.
- A new method to the madness. // MediaWeek;9/19/94, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p2
Reports on Simmons Market Research Bureau's plan to implement a new interview methodology in its May 1995 survey. Query to respondents about articles they recently read; Appointment of Rebecca McPheters as president and chief executive officer of Simmons Market.
- Hispanic database. // Editor & Publisher;1/8/94, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the launching of a study of Hispanic media and markets by Simmons Market Research bureau.