- Pool Patrol. Buscemi, Karen // Appliance Design;Jul2006, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p34
The article presents information on the eMod electronic, mode-sensing module, from A.O. Smith Electrical Products Co., which is able to detect problems that could shorten the life of the pool pump motor. Steve O'Brien, vice president of marketing for A.O. Smith, explained that the eMod protects...
- applications & resources MOTORS & DRIVES . // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p68
The article evaluates several electric equipment including CFW11 from WEG Electric Motors Corp., Green Choice motors from A.O. Smith Electrical Products Co., and SMVector from Lenze AC-Tech.
- Motors, Drives, Variable-Speed Products. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/4/2011, Vol. 242 Issue 14, p9
The article offers brief information on several products related to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industries, including the Comfort Series of electronically commutated motor (ECM) from A.O. Smith Electrical Products Co., the Performer variable speed drivers (VSD) from...
- SR Motors coming on strong. // Appliance Manufacturer;Oct94, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p27
Focuses on the advantages of switched-reluctance (SR) motors. Advancements in electronic-switching devices and computer-designed programs; A.O. Smith Electrical Products Co.'s series of switched-reluctance hermetic and fractional horsepower motors and controls for HVAC applications.
- Replacement Fan Motors. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/8/2010, Vol. 241 Issue 10, p9
The article evaluates the 13-W output replacement motor from A. O. Smith Electrical Products Co.
- Dsr technology eases motor tuning. Lindsey, Kelly // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Aug95, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p40
Presents the `digital switched reluctance' (dsr) in fan blower motor introduced by A.O. Smith Electrical Products Co. at the International Airconditioning, Heat and Refrigeration (IAHR) Expo in Chicago, Ill. in 1995. Features; Capabilities; Method of function; Benefits.
- AWARDS. // Machine Design;10/20/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 20, p32
Reports that the IG-MEX Plant Two of A.O. Smith Electrical Products Company in Juarez, Mexico earned the 2004 A.O. Smith President's Safety Award.
- Enhanced Comfort, Close Collaboration. N.C.R. // Appliance Manufacturer;Oct98, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p58
Features A.O Smith Electrical Products Co.'s FSD variable-speed motor concept, a commercialized fan motor/controller package that uses a single-point, low-speed inverter topology. Features of the product; Functionality of the equipment; Advantages offered by the company's devices.
- Benefits of `new' motor technology are promising, says A.O. Smith. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/8/95, Vol. 195 Issue 2, p33
Evaluates a digital switched reluctance (dsr) motor by A.O. Smith Electrical Products Company, displayed at the 1995 IAHR Expo in Chicago. Concept of switched reluctance; Technology involved; Utility of the motor.