'Ten Days' and Other Myths
- Inventory--double-edged sword. Elliott, Heidi // Electronic News;09/07/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2235, p46
Explores issues related to carrying inventory by distributors in the electronics industry. Changes in inventory management by distributors; Costs associated with carring inventory; Risk carried by resellers in holding inventory.
- Agilent learns a lesson and simplifies the supply chain. Manners, David // Electronics Weekly;1/23/2002, Issue 2036, p12
Reports on the program of electronics company Agilent Semiconductor to simplify and refine its supply chain management. Remarks from Derek Tibbitts, director of the European distribution for Agilent; Amount of reduction in part numbers; Result of the program.
- The Secret to Inventory Management. OLSZWESKI, STEVE // Systems Contractor News;Oct2014, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p36
The article provides helpful information for contractors in the audiovisual equipment industry when it comes to inventory management.
- Adapting to change is a key to business success. Sanghi, Steve // Electronics Weekly;Nov2008 Electronica Supplement, p5
The article focuses on the need for electronics industry to adapt to the changing market conditions in Europe. It is stated that one of the important challenges posed by Europe for global suppliers is controlling the environmental impact of electronics during the entire product lifecycle,...
- Spread Lean through Your Chain. Haber, Terry // Material Handling Management Exclusive Insight;7/ 9/2012, p2
The article discusses the importance of eliminating excess inventory, time and cost to supply chain health in the consumer electronics sector. Companies in the sector make several operating choices to determine how to best manage their product flows into markets. They include postponement...
- Ultra-Competitive Conditions Change the Market for Distributors. Kelly, Doug // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p59
Discusses the expectations of electronic component manufacturers from their suppliers as the market becomes ultra-competitive. Strategic sourcing; Production and service inventory management; Excess inventory liquidation and assignment programs.
- PROVIDING STABILITY during turbulent times. Jorgensen, Barbara // EDN;4/23/2009, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p56
The author reflects on the need for industry stability during an uncertain economic period. She notes that customers will hold the key to the business survival of distributors as they look for more of the same services. She cites that inventory management is an area of expertise that...
- Have inventory cuts done the trick? // Electronics Weekly;5/6/2009, Issue 2382, p3
The article comments on inventory cuts in the electronics industry amid current economic downturn. It refers to the example of Texas Instruments Inc., which has taken $132m worth of TI inventory out of the distribution channel. It is commented that these cuts reflect the painful experience...
- NEWS ROUND-UP. // Electronics Weekly;4/15/2009, Issue 2379, p4
The article offers news briefs related to electronic industries. According to analyst Gartner, excess electronic inventories has reduced and a recovery in equipment markets is expected in fourth quarter of 2009. 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) has published the world's first femtocell...