Are OEM/EMS Service Agreements Fair?
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;4/23/2008, Issue 2332, p1
The article reports that electronics manufacturers have offered a new perception for outsourcing. They believe that outsourcing does not always mean moving production off-shore. Electronics manufacturers, including Axiom Inc., are changing their business strategies to meet local demands.
- The 'Lab-less' Outsource Model. Harris, Jonathan // Advanced Packaging;Feb2005, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the trend of outsourcing technical functions in the semiconductor industry. Advantages and benefits of technical functions outsourcing; Personnel requirement of companies providing technical function outsourcing services.
- Ultra-Competitive Conditions Change the Market for Distributors. Kelly, Doug // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p59
Discusses the expectations of electronic component manufacturers from their suppliers as the market becomes ultra-competitive. Strategic sourcing; Production and service inventory management; Excess inventory liquidation and assignment programs.
- DAC: You're Only As Good As Your Partners. Sperling, Ed // Electronic News;6/9/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 23, pN.PAG
Focuses on outsourcing in the electronic design automation industry. Concerns of the industry on outsourcing; Examples of companies in the industry that have ventured into outsourcing.
- New Options for Managing the Supply Chain. Stafford, Joe // Circuits Assembly;Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on emergence of value added procurement specialists (VAPS) that widens the original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and electronics manufacturing services (EMS) providers' distribution choices. Impact of VAPS partnership on OEM and EMS providers; Guidelines on distribution resources for OEM.
- The New Face of Market Intelligence, Part 1. Sheppard, Greg // Electronic News;05/21/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 21, p36
Part I. Reports on the implication of the shortened cycle times of electronic supply chain on market information. Factors that contributed to reduction of the cycle time for almost every aspect of bringing an electronic system to market; Companies that dominate the large part of the electronic...
- Ensuring a pilot takes off. // Supply Management;Apr2012, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p24
The article presents answers from several procurement experts to the question of how to ensure the proper emphasis and transparency about a contract's life.
- Thanks, But I'll Build It Myself. Gordon, Pamela J. // Circuits Assembly;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p20
The article presents the reasons given by eight companies for bucking the outsourcing trend. Although the percentage of cost of goods sold (CoGS) spent on outsourcing manufacturing has increased almost 20%, hundreds of Original Equipment Manufactures (OEM) are still bucking the outsourcing...
- Blazing the Global Trail. Pham, Twee // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jan2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p48
This article focuses on outsourcing in electronic industries. Because of growing competition and economic pressures, the electronics industry is racing to move manufacturing to China and other Asian locations. But before sending production offshore, companies should consider issues with...