Making EMS Companies 'Lean and Green.'
- Outsourcing alternatives. Green, Danielle // Precision Marketing;9/20/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p29
Discusses the decision that companies with electronic commerce operations face on whether to outsource or not in Great Britain. Types of wholesale partnership a company can enter into; Profit-share agreements; Drivers for partnered electronic solutions.
- Employing eBusiness Practices Through Outsourcing. Zeidler, William C. // Ohio CPA Journal;Jan-Mar2001, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the impact of outsourcing on electronic business in the United States. Ability of outsourcing in controlling cost; Creation of company-specific procurement sites; Integration of front-end technology with back-end accounting system.
- Outsourcing Manufacturing or Not, and to What Extent? Hwang, Jennie S. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the level of manufacturing outsourcing in the electronics industry. Factors driving the success of outsourcing; Potential advantages and benefits.
- Internet Technology Changes Business Relationship. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/13/2000, Vol. 211 Issue 11, p16
Provides insights on the significance of the Internet and electronic commerce in business at the Electronic Contracting Summit in Baltimore, Maryland in November 2000. Opportunity for savings with online purchases; Answers to concerns over amounts of information given to manufacturers; Caution...
- CEDIA Survey Charts Installer $ Trends. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/30/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p38
The article reports on the drop in the average net profit margin of electronics systems contractors that are Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA) members to 3.5 percent in 2009 from 2007's 6.8 percent.
- Get your contract manufacturing partner on the design team early. Bell // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jul99, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p107
Explores key considerations in selecting electronic manufacturing services (EMS) partners. Assessment of skills of contract manufacturing partners; Scope of design services; Capability as a precision manufacturer; Inputs in the product realization process.
- Some firms now outsource entire departments. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;11/10/95, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the increase in outsourcing and subcontracting activities in the United States electronics industry. Factors for the increase; Outsourcing activities of Apple Computer and Lockheed Martin Commercial Electronics; Subcontracting businesses of Hadco, Hitchiner and Advance Circuit...
- Outsourcing channel management gains favor. Frook, John Evan // B to B;04/24/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on companies that offer Internet services for partnership relationship management (PRM) in the United States as of April 24, 2000. Electronic commerce operators' reluctance to outsource data management; Benefits offered by PRM systems.
- Outsourcing Pays Off. LEVINE, BERNARD; DORSCH, JEFF // Electronic News;02/22/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2258, p30
Focuses on the contracting out activities of original equipment manufacturers in the United States. Comments from Doctor Eric Miscoll, senior consultant at Technology Forecasters Inc.; Examples of electronic companies involved in such activity.