Move If U Wanna: Obama and the weight loss nudge
- Let's Move! Cities, Towns and Counties combats childhood obesity. Skaggs, Taylor // American City & County Exclusive Insight;7/17/2013, p2
The article discusses the "Let's Move! Cities, Towns and Counties (LMCTC)" initiative of First Lady Michelle Obama, which was developed in February 2010 to fight childhood obesity. Topics mentioned include the five-step program designed to assist participating areas, a partial list of the more...
- Growing Healthy Kids. ADAMS, CARALEE // Scholastic Administrator;May/June2010, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p28
The article focuses on the Let's Move campaign of First Lady Michelle Obama for the improvement of children's health and nutrition in the U.S. Accordingly, the First Lady has launched the mentioned health campaign for the mitigation of obesity in several children in the country. First Lady Obama...
- Taking a Bite Out of Obesity. Roberts, Rachel // Parks & Recreation;May2010, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p50
The article reports on the campaign to fight against childhood obesity in the U.S. It states that U.S. first lady Michelle Obama has launched a campaign "Let's Move" to challenge families for the adoption of healthy lifestyle. According to the Survey conducted by the National Health and...
- The Time for Nutrition Education is Now. Greene, Geoffrey // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;May/Jun2010, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p143
The article offers the author's insights regarding the commitment of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama in addressing childhood obesity in the U.S. The author discusses Obama's "Let's Move" program which gives parents more information about nutrition and exercise to promote proper nutrition and...
- Keep Moving! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;4/2/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 20, p3
The article offers information on Let's Move, a program established by U.S. First lady Michelle Obama in 2010 to ensure that children eat healthier foods and get enough exercise.
- Michelle Obama: The Business Case for Healthier Food Options. Curtis, Colleen // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p359
A blog post about the views of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama on preventing childhood obesity by providing healthier food options is presented.
- CHANGING SHAPE. GALLAGHER, JULIE // SN: Supermarket News;12/20/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 51, p23
The article offers information on several initiatives taken in the U.S. to ensure healthy food for children to reduce obesity. It states that the Food Marketing Institute along with Grocery Manufacturers Association is finishing its work on labels for products which will give basic caloric...
- Industry supports health campaigns. Sweeney, Dawn // Nation's Restaurant News;4/5/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p14
In this article the author discusses the health campaign, Let's Move, launched by U.S. first lady Michelle Obama to include more fruits, vegetable and juice in student lunches in order to prevent and eliminate childhood obesity.
- A Garden Changes History. Tarrant-Reid, Linda // Washington Informer;6/2/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 83, p21
In this article, the author discusses the Let's Move! Initiative program launched by First Lady Michelle Obama to solve the challenge of childhood obesity within a generation.