Line Controller Software: A Crucial Element in PCB Assembly Lines
- RMS Enable Modular Manufacture. Lento, Ken // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Sep2004, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p56
Discusses the use of reconfigurable manufacturing solutions (RMS) in high-product mix manufacturing environments. RMS software; Application of RMS to surface mounted technology printed circuit board assembly; Expansion of RMS to include pick-to-light systems.
- Press for Success. Cort, Adam // Assembly;Apr2009, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p44
The article focuses on the benefits of using a closed-loop servo-pressing systems in assembly lines. The press consists of components that include an integrated load cell and position encoder, signal amplifiers, a system controller, dedicated system software and external sensors to fine tune...
- Paper: Stensil Design Resolves QFN 'Float.'. // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;Oct2012, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p12
The article discusses the white paper "Printing and Assembly Challenges for Quad Flat No-Lead Packages," by William E. Coleman, which covers the challenges associated with quad-flat no-leads package assembly.
- On the edge. // Design Engineering;Sep2001, p51
Features the SolidEdge version 10.0 from UGS. Introduction of tools that streamline the modeling of families of assemblies; Capabilities of the software; Usability of the software in design engineering.
- Virtual assembly line. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/31/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 13, p13
Focuses on the Modular Manufacturing Simulator, a software program developed by the University of Huntsville at Alabama's Center for Automation and Robots which can assist in the design, simulation and analysis of assembly lines. Capabilities of the program according to the center's associated...
- What A Difference A Little Soap Makes. Munson, Terry // PC FAB;Feb2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p40
No abstract available.
- Back to Basics Part 18--Terminations and Interconnection Features for Flex Circuits (Continued). Fjelstad, Joe // CircuiTree;Nov2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p55
The article focuses on the termination and interconnection features used for flexible circuits. Special hold-down techniques may be required for termination pads on single conductor layer flexible circuits and on surface mount lands on the outer surface of flex circuits with any layer count in...
- Streamlining PCB Assembly and Test NPI with Shared Component Libraries. McGoff, Pat // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Nov2015, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p78
The article offers suggestions on how to streamline a printed circuit board (PCB) assembly design and test new product introduction (NPI) with shared component libraries. It discusses how to test manufacturing-process compliance of the design of new products. Topics discussed include lean...
- Placement Quality Affects Costs. van Gastel, Sjef // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Nov2008, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p13
The article focuses on the major quality factors which influences surface-mount technology (SMT). It states that each of the main SMT assembly processes has quality criteria that helps determine the total process defects per million opportunities (DPMO) which influences First Pass Yield (FPY)...