E-procurement: The Future of Purchasing
- IPC Releases January Book-to-Bill Ratios. // CircuiTree;Apr2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p49
The article provides information on the 2007 book-to-bill ratios released by the Association Connecting Electronics Industries. The North American rigid printed circuit board (PCB) industry book-to-bill ratio for January 2007 continued below parity at 0.91, and the flexible circuit board ratio...
- Agreements/contracts. // Medical Device Daily;4/18/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 75, p5
The article reports on the frame order received by Eltek, a maker of flex-rigid circuitry solutions based in Israel, from a U.S. medical device manufacturer for high-end flex-rigid printed circuit boards (PCBs) for use in advanced medical devices.
- Short Supply. Beaulieu, Dan // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p17
Offers tips on marketing to the printed circuit board (PCB) industry. Attitude of PCB manufacturers in buying goods and services; Assistance that must be given by suppliers of the PCB industry; Suggestions on establishing relationships with PCB manufacturers.
- Passive Parts, PCB Orders Up Slightly. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;1/7/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the increase in the orders of passive parts and printed wiring boards received by electronic vendors for the month of November 2001; Forecasted growth in 2002; Significance of the monthly index from the Electronic Components, Assemblies & Materials Association.
- Evaluating Capital Equipment. Bollinger, Peter; Cook, Vince // Circuits Assembly;Jun2004, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p48
The article presents solutions to overcome the challenges of purchasing surface-mount production equipment. Despite improving forecasts, many manufacturers still hesitate when weighing new capital equipment investments. However, new component technologies, aggressive delivery schedules and...
- Procuring Prototypes Using a VENDOR QUALIFICATION PROCESS. Dack, Kelly // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p20
Discusses steps that a company's purchasing or supplier management group may be using to qualify new printed circuit board production vendors and examines how these steps can be applied to selecting vendors and doing business at the prototype level. Importance of developing a list of potential...
- Making the Choice. Curran, Kevin // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Apr2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p47
Presents sourcing and selection considerations for printed circuit board (PCB) level assembly adhesives. Surface-mount adhesive used in both wave and reflow soldering processes; Electrically conductive adhesive provides mechanical bond and electrical interconnection; Thermally conductive...
- Rigid Shipments and Bookings Up, Flex Down in January. // CircuiTree;Apr2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p45
The article reports on the performance of the printed circuit board (PCB) industry as of January 2008. It is noted that rigid PCB shipments were up 5.6 percent and bookings were up 13.7 percent from January 2007. On the other hand, the book-to-bill ratio was down at 0.97. There also has been a...
- Smart PCB Sourcing Concepts. Langer, Theo // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Oct2014, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p64
The article discusses effective printed circuit board (PCB) sourcing concepts. Topics discussed include classifying PCB purchasing portfolio, purchasing demand meets market supply situation, and sourcing from a large, credible fabless PCB provider. It also suggests the focus on core...