Chipmakers Suspend Production
- Hynix-ST JV to sell 200-mm equipment from Wuxi fab. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;9/10/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 37, p17
The article reports that the Hynix and STMicroelectronics DRAM and NAND joint venture, Hynix-ST Semiconductor Ltd., has signed a deal to sell the equipment from its 200-mm C1 line in the Wuxi, China plant to Chinese conglomerate China Resources Holdings Co. Ltd. (CRH). Hynix said it has...
- GOODIES CAN'T HOLD HYNIX OR FREIGHTLINER. Jacklet, Ben // Oregon Business Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p16
The article focuses on the negligible impact of industry incentives in Oregon for business enterprises in a long run. Hynix Semiconductor Inc., which received $58.5 million in property tax abatements, has announced that it would close its plant and eliminate 1,400 jobs. Daimler/Freightliner,...
- Hynix retiring itsÃ‚ 200-mm fabs by end of month. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;9/22/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 38, p12
The article reports on the decision of Hynix Semiconductor Inc. to close its 200mm water fabrication (fab) facilities in various destinations. The fab closure is made to enhance the company's financial stability and focus on profitability, in addition to the observation that they are less...
- Credence Cuts Jobs, Consolidates Facilities. // Electronic News;11/8/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 45, pN.PAG
Reports on a corporate restructuring implemented by Credence Systems Corp., an automatic testing equipment supplier based in Milpitas, California, as of November 2004. Number of jobs eliminated after the shutdown of the facilities of the company in California; Background on the acquisition of...
- Hynix Accepts 8 Exec Resignations. // Electronic News;3/10/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 10, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of Hynix Semiconductor Inc. to accept the resignations of eight of the 40 executives in its memory chip operation. Purpose of the move; Resignation of president and chief executive Park Sang-ho.
- But look how much you gain. E.W. // Oregon Business Magazine;Mar98, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on Hyundai Semiconductor America in Eugene, highlighting the estimated amount spent by the company annually. Information on the company's employees; Significance of information given; When the company expects full production.
- 50 Executives Resign from Hynix. Romanelli, Alex // Electronic News;3/3/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 9, pN.PAG
Reports on the resignation of about 50 executives at Hynix Semiconductor Inc. Remarks of the company on the resignation; Resignation of co-vice president Park Sang Ho; Decline in the revenue of the company.
- Hyundai freezes Scotland fab. Lunday, Christine // Solid State Technology;Oct98, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p48
Reports on the postponement of the work on the fabrication of Hyundai Semiconductor Europe in Dunfermline, Scotland. Plans of the company for the first phase of the project; Reason for the first postponement in January 1998; Reason for the postponement.
- Korean Semi Market Reeling. Wilson, Drew // Electronic News (10616624);11/12/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 46, p10
Reports on the performance of the South Korean semiconductor industry. Struggle of Hynix Semiconductor Inc. to survive; Export revenues of the semiconductor sector from January to February 2001; Semiconductor exports of South Korea.