Motorola Reaches Milestone
- Motorola cooks up chip research. Perera, Rick // InfoWorld;9/10/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p32
Announces the breakthrough in materials science of Motorola. Innovation of Motorola devices; Combination of silicon semiconductor technology with compound semiconductors; Integration of silicon chips.
- SiGe: C Process Improves RF Device Performance. Frenzel, Louis E. // Electronic Design;7/23/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p29
Reports on the availability of a perfected blend of silicon, germanium and carbon (SiGe:C) to make RF circuits better. Motorola's announcement of its first standard product using the semiconductor material; Improvement of RF device performance.
- Motorola Volume Ships Low-K MPUs. // Electronic News;6/9/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 23, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of Motorola Inc. to reverse its low-k plans, announcing volume microprocessing unit of low-k insulating dielectric during the metallization process on 0.18-micron Silicon-on-insulator technology, instead of its targeted 0.13-micron node. Description of products...
- Switch boosts wireless reception. // R&D Magazine;Nov2003, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p48
Highlights the development of Meso-MEMS three-dimensional switch by researchers at the University of Missouri in Rolla and Advanced Technology Center of Motorola Inc. as of November 2003. Mechanism behind Meso-MEMS; Potential applications for Meso-MEMS; Advantage of Meso-MEMS over...
- Motorola struggles to offset slowing computer chip sales. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;12/04/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p30
Focuses on Motorola Inc., semiconductor manufacturer in Schaumburg, Illinois. Projections of semiconductor sales; Data on company sales; Strategies employed to cut down manufacturing costs; Uses of semiconductor products.
- Motorola semiconductor series Czech analog design center. Lineback, J. Robert // Electronic News (10616624);7/19/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1972, p12
Reports on the setting up of an analog-circuit design center by Motorola Inc.'s Semiconductor Products Sector to tap engineering talent in former Czechoslovakia. Expansion plan in East Europe; Sales offices in Czechoslovakia; Manufacturing contracts for back-end assembly of discrete transistors;...
- Tianjin govt. OKs investment. // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p42
Reports on the approval granted by the municipal government of Tianjin, China, to Motorola Inc.'s plan of investing in semiconductor manufacturing and telecommunications facilities in China.
- USA. // Solid State Technology;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p16
Presents news briefs from the semiconductor industry in the United States. Decision of Motorola's Semiconductor Products Sector to indefinitely postpone the work in its Richmond, Virginia fabrication plant; Restructuring efforts of Applied Materials company; Licensing agreement between Mattson...
- Motorola extends deadline for lifetime buys. J.K. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;May95, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p6
Reports that Motorola is extending the deadline for purchasing any of its dedicated military semiconductors until September 19, 1995. Products of Commercial Plus Technologies Corp.; Electronics integrators' lifetime buys of Motorola's military-grade product families.