JEDEC Completes DDR II Specifications
- The Role of Formal Methods in Software Development. McDermid, John // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Sep87, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p124
Presents summaries of the uses of formal methods in software development organized by the Association for Information Technologies (AIT). Basis of the paper on the premise ethat formal methods are valuable to industry; Significance of their introduction in representing a significant step in the...
- Bridge over troubled water. BCS // Computer Bulletin;Nov1999, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p16
A career is opening up for people who can bridge the gap between IT and users to ensure successful projects and use of technology, say the founders of a new BCS specialist group. Where will these people come from, and what skills will they need?
- IEEE Certification Addresses Security Standards. Costlow, Terry // IEEE Software;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p102
The need for delivering timely information securely is growing as fields from defense to finance to healthcare rely more on digital communications. The IEEE is addressing this need with a new standard architecture that will eventually have components designed for applications with varying...
- Bad Blood Follows Fix for Bad Data. Buetow, Mike // PC FAB;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the National Electronics Manufacturing Initiative on January 2002 in the U.S. Competition of ODB++(X) format from the GenCAM format in Nemi poll; Obligation in supporting the GenCAM efforts; Completion of the standard.
- Software solution? Nemi Opts for ODB++(X) Over GenCam. Buetow, Mike // PC FAB;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the proposition of the National Electronics Manufacturing Initiative on the propriety of the ODB++(X) data format in the U.S. Development of industry standard; Description of the proposed solution calls; Features of the competing standard.
- LITTLE, BIG GUYS EYE TO EYE. McCright, John S.; Burt, Jeffrey // eWeek;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p39
Reports the development of software technology enabling large companies to assist smaller supplier for electronic commerce success in the United States. Availability of software and services for building storefronts and managing online catalogs; Features of the ConnectTrade Version 5 e-commerce...
- Design software. Steffora, Ann; Fasca, Chad // Electronic News;09/28/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2238, p34
Summarizes developments in the business operations of design software companies in the United States recent to September 28, 1998. Includes Cadence Design Systems; Analogy; Simplex Solutions; Market introduction of products; Acquisitions.
- More software developers moving to agile practices. Soder, Chuck // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p16
The article reports that an increasing number of companies in Northeast Ohio and throughout the U.S. have been adopting agile development practices, which are aimed at helping software developers adapt more quickly to change. As reported, the agile concept has been around awhile, it first was...
- Writing the world. // New Scientist;6/8/2013, Vol. 218 Issue 2920, p5
The article presents an introduction to a report within the issue about the development of new computer programming languages that will make code writing more accessible to users and threaten the profession of expert software developers.