Flextronics and Motorola Modify Alliance
- Motorola Outsourcing Expands. // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the contracting out agreement of Motorola with Flextronics Ltd. Terms of the agreement.
- Motorola Outsources Its Manufacturing. // Quality;Oct2000, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the outsourcing agreement signed by Schaumburg, Illinois-based Motorola Inc. with San Jose, California-based Flextronics International Inc., an electronics manufacturing services company. Aim of the deal; Comments from Gray Benoist of Motorola; Flextronics' quality program.
- Motorola inks $30 billion alliance with Flextronics. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;06/05/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on the five-year outsourcing deal signed by Motorola with Flextronics International. Expectations of Motorola from the deal; Terms of the agreement.
- Remember the Bottom Line. Tice, David W. // On Wall Street;Dec2000, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p65
Examines the efforts of several electronic contract manufacturers to increase their stocks despite decreasing profits. Increase in the revenues of ECM; Average debt-to-equity ratio of ECM; Partnership between Flextronics and Motorola.
- MOTOROLA. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;11/18/2013 Supplement, p8
The article focuses on the smartphone Moto X from Motorola Inc. and Flextronics International Ltd., which is the first smartphone to be assembled in the U.S. and has been shipped from Texas in September 2013 and mentions a showcasing event which was attended by Texas Governor Rick Perry.
- Flextronics Deal Rocks EMS World. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;06/05/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 23, p1
Highlights the agreement between Flextronics International Ltd. and Motorola Inc. Terms of the agreement; Effect of the agreement to Flextronics revenues; Forecast on the growth of contracting out by telecommunication original equipment manufacturers. INSET: EMS Firms Play Global Pick-and-Place.
- Flextronics to Lay Off 168 in Texas. BUETOL, MIKE // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;Sep2015, p10
The article reports on the move of Flextronics to slash over 165 workers and consolidate its Plano, Texas Global Operations Group into its Austin, Texas Global Operations Group.
- Flextronics to Sack 1,400 in Malaysia. Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on Flextronics which will put around 1,400 employees out of work when it closes its factory in Shah Alam, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. According to Reuters, a spokeswoman for Malaysia's Ministry of Human Resources, the company plans to lay off 1,382 workers from its assembly plant...
- Motorola, Flextronics Form Alliance. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/12/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p41
Reports on Motorola Communications Enterprise's global strategic allegiance with Flextronics International Ltd. Estimated value of the alliance; Aspects of the agreement.