Sanmina and SCI Systems to Merge
- 'We Are in Business to MAKE MONEY' Buetow, Mike // PC FAB;Sep2001, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p10
Comments on the July 16, 2001 acquisition of printed circuit board manufacturer Sanmina on SCI Systems. Revenues of both companies for the year 2000; Details on Sanmina's decision to reduce its fabrication capacity; Information on the terms of volume purchase agreements with SCI customers.
- Slowdown spreads to contract manufacturers. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/6/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p2
Reports that the slowing economy of the United States is affecting the contract electronics manufacturers as of August 2001. Outcome of the merger of Sanmina Corp. and SCI Systems Inc.; Finances of Solectron; Income of Celestica.
- Sanima Could Close Irvine Site, Shift to Costa Mesa. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;11/05/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the possibility that San Jose, California-based Sanmina Corp. could close its plant in Irvine and shift to Costa Mesa. Plant closures made by Sanmina since announcement of its acquisition of contract electronics manufacturer SCI Systems Inc.; Effects of the SCI acquisition to...
- Sanmina Buying Hadco. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;04/24/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Hadco Corp. by Sanmina Corp. Cost of the acquisition; Products of Sanmina and Hadco; Purpose of acquiring Hadco; Terms under the definitive merger agreement.
- Sanmina's Deal With Hadco Hastens Growth. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the merger between Sanmina Corp. and Hadco Corp. Rationale of the deal; Acquisition records of the companies; Positive aspects of the deal.
- What's Next? Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;7/23/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 30, p4
Reports that semiconductor industry observers in the United States expect more consolidation in the electronic manufacturing services business. Aim of the acquisition strategy of Tyco Electronics; Strategy of Sanmina Corp.. in acquiring SCI Systems Inc.; Terms of the merger.
- Sanmina-SCI Goes China. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Aug2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the plan of Sanmina-SCI Corp. to buy Pentex-Schweizer Circuits. Percentage of shares committed by Pentex on the sale; Sales generated by Pentex in 2003; Acquisition of Hadco by Sanmina-SCI.
- Sanity Returns to Sanmina. Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;Jan2008, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
The article presents information on the business condition of electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider Sanmina-SCI. Joseph Bronson, president and chief operating officer of the company, outlines the embattled business strategies of EMS provider, while firmly asserting that those who...
- Sanmina-SCI Acquires Elscint's Operations in Israel. // Circuits Assembly;Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p8
Reports that San Jose, California-based Sanmina SCI Corp. has acquired manufacturing, assembly, engineering and integration operations of Tel Aviv, Israel-based Elscint Ltd. Corporate profile of Sanmina.