Determinants of choosing a career in family medicine
- Diary from a Week in Practice. O'Handley, John // American Family Physician;9/15/2003, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p1071
Relates the experiences of a family physician from a week of private practice in Columbus, Ohio in September 2003.
- Reactions of volunteer general practitioners to educational assessment of their consultation performance: a qualitative study. Robert K McKinley; Pip Dean; Azhar Farooqi // Education for Primary Care;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p293
GPs find the experience of having their consultations assessed challenging but useful. Will this eventually be part of revalidation for all of us?
- Training registrars in general practice: education and service for the future workforce. Liz Taylor; Guy Houghton; Stephen Kelly; Ian Campbell // Education for Primary Care;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p310
GP registrars have a good balance between doing the job and learning about it - and they don't work all the time.
- Diary from a Week in Practice. // American Family Physician;8/1/2003, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p457
Relates the experiences of a family physician from a week of private practice in Columbus, Ohio in August 2003.
- Diary from a Week in Practice. Soch, Kathy // American Family Physician;6/15/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p2513
Relates the experiences of a family physician from a week of private practice in San Antonio, Texas.
- Accredited professional development: a qualitative study of the feasibility, acceptability and practicality of a new scheme for CPD. Fraser MacFarlane; Abdol Tavabie; Terry Desombre // Education for Primary Care;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p302
Participants find APD hard work but valuable - provided the facilitation is right. Can it compete with other methods of continuing education?
- GPs to be paid Â£53 per patient. // GP: General Practitioner;3/3/2003, p1
Reports that general practitioner will receive a basic 53 pounds per patient under the general medical services contract called Investing in General Practice' in Great Britain. Provisions under the contract; Impact of the contract on practitioners; Concerns of primary care organizations...
- Diary form a week in Practice. // American Family Physician;6/1/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p2312
Relates the experiences of a physician in private family practice in Columbus, Ohio for the week ending June 1, 2003.
- Reflections of general practice trainers on educational appraisal and structured continuing professional development. Pitts, John; Curtis, Anthony // Education for Primary Care;Jan2008, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p32
This study explored participants' views of an approach based on an appraisal model within formal trainer courses as a means of focusing trainers' continuing professional development (CPD) as educators. It used a qualitative method of retrospective semistructured interviews. We have shown that...