National electronic health information strategy needs to be refocused, critics say
- Keep These EHR Issues At Top-of-Mind to Ensure You're Staying Compliant. // Health Information Compliance Alert;5/7/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p37
The article offers facts to keep in mind in ensuring a comprehensive electronic health records (EHR) in the U.S. It states that templates used in EHR can help one's practice by saving time when the practice is trained properly in using them. It notes that templates are helpful when revisiting...
- All eyes on local EMR pilot. // New Zealand Doctor;4/20/2011, p29
The article offers information on Care Insight, an electronic medical record-sharing pilot that started in Hawke's Bay, New Zealand and was developed by health information service provider Healthlink in collaboration with practice auditing company Drinfo.
- EMR The Web Way. Joch, Alan // Physician & Sportsmedicine;May2000, Vol. 28 Issue 5, E.MD p12
Discusses how physicians view the value of electronic medical records (EMR) and its potential to improve patient care, reduce paperwork and guarantee compliance with insurance and federal regulations. Easy access to medical records; Fortification against malpractice suits; Promise of the...
- ADA FOUNDATION STREAMLINES, ENHANCES ASSOCIATION CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Apr2003, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p424
Presents American Dental Association and American National Standards Institute standards and guidelines for the exchange of electronic health records. Online availability; Overview of standards; Implementation.
- Online labs and EMRs: A marriage that clicks. Zwerling, Hayward K. // Medical Economics;12/3/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 23, p20
Examines the significance of electronic medical record (EMR) program to physicians. Advantages of automating laboratory results; Benefits of EMR to physicians; Steps in implementing an automated laboratory data.
- Local NHS scheme axed in national IT records project. Parker, Robin // Supply Management;5/8/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p9
Discusses the British government's decision to axe an information technology project linking electronic patients' records at 12 hospitals in Midlands, England. Failure to conform to a national scheme; Value of the project.
- Personal electronic health records. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;11/20/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7782, p1087
An introduction to an article about personal electronic health records system called HealthSpace, published within the issue, is presented.
- The stories your data can tell when you ask the right questions. Nelson, Rosemarie // MGMA Connexion;Aug2011, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p27
The article focuses on how medical providers can realize the meaningful use of data using practice management systems. It mentions two choices for accounts receivable (A/R) calculation such as date of posting and of service. It states the value of understanding data in reporting for Health...
- One-Click EHR Implemented in Brooklyn HIE. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);12/5/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p6A
The article reports that Brooklyn Health Information Exchange (BHIX) provides electronic health record (EHR) connectivity from InterSystems Corp. which is expected to speed up care delivery for BHIX clinicians.