100 years and counting
- CMAJ's century reflects a profession and a country. Gray, Charlotte // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/11/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p17
The article focuses on the history of the Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ). According to the author, CMAJ was initiated in 1911 as a merger of the Montreal Medical Journal and the Maritime Medical News. He mentions that CMAJ's aim was to be a medium in promoting Canadian medicine. He...
- Spanish service now indexing CMAJ. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/1/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 7, p886
Discusses the extension of the abstracting and indexing of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" into Spanish and Portuguese so it can be utilized by physicians and medical scientists who speak those languages.
- Time signatures: 9/11 and 1911. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;12/11/2001, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p1573
Offers a reflection on time and the year 2001 from a medical perspective. Impact of the terrible events of September 11, 2001; Apparent permanence of the 'Canadian Medical Association Journal'; Opinion as to whether medical practice has changed since the early 20th century; What and who...
- So you want to be an editor. Hoey, John // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;09/08/98, Vol. 159 Issue 5, p502
Editorial. Announces the creation of the `CMAJ' Editorial Fellowship. Nature of the position; Responsibilities; Training, education, and research involved; Research activities; Traits of the ideal candidate.
- Who wrote this paper anyway? Hoey, John // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/19/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p716
Offers commentary regarding the decision of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors, which revised its statement on authorship. Effect this change would have had on the authorship of a paper printed in the March 1922 issue of the 'Canadian Medical Association Journal'; Details of...
- New editor to increase systematic reviews and transfer knowledge. Eggertson, Laura // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/25/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 7, p706
The article reports that Sharon Straus, new editor of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal," will try to present information on various medical researches which can help physicians in their practice. She has plans to expand the systematic and clinical narrative reviews of the journal. She...
- CMAJ welcomes new senior editor. Collier, Roger // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/6/2008, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p1269
The article profiles Dr. Rajendra Kale who was the new senior deputy editor of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal." It relates that Kale is a native of Mumbai, India and a former senior editor of the "British Medical Journal (BMJ) ". It notes that Kale graduated from Grant Medical College...
- CMAJ appoints first ethicist/ombudsman. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/14/2002, Vol. 166 Issue 10, p1327
Reports that Dr. John Dossetor has been appointed as ethicist and ombudsman of the 'Canadian Medical Association Journal.' Career highlights; Education; His concerns about the escalating number of ethical dilemmas arising because of advances in medicine.
- CMAJ: What's in it for you. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/8/2002, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p5
Editorial. Comments on the value of the 'Canadian Medical Association Journal' to physician readers. Mention of electronic-only publication, which is becoming the method of choice for the dissemination of information; Reviews of published original research which will be published in this journal.