CMAJ at 100: our voice, our future
- So you want to be an editor. Hoey, John // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;09/08/98, Vol. 159 Issue 5, p502
Editorial. Announces the creation of the `CMAJ' Editorial Fellowship. Nature of the position; Responsibilities; Training, education, and research involved; Research activities; Traits of the ideal candidate.
- 100 years and counting. Turnbull, Jeffrey // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/11/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on the changes in the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" (CMAJ) from its debut in 1911 until the present. According to the author, the journal's 100 years existence has been a record keeper for medical profession and united small doctors across Canada. It mentions the...
- CMAJ's century reflects a profession and a country. Gray, Charlotte // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/11/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p17
The article focuses on the history of the Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ). According to the author, CMAJ was initiated in 1911 as a merger of the Montreal Medical Journal and the Maritime Medical News. He mentions that CMAJ's aim was to be a medium in promoting Canadian medicine. He...
- Who wrote this paper anyway? Hoey, John // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/19/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p716
Offers commentary regarding the decision of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors, which revised its statement on authorship. Effect this change would have had on the authorship of a paper printed in the March 1922 issue of the 'Canadian Medical Association Journal'; Details of...
- Ovarian cancer, PSA and statins use. Holliday, Jonathan // GP: General Practitioner;4/13/2007, p26
The article cites several medical research as published in various journals. The March 27, 2007 issue of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal," presents a study examining the role of physician consultation and pelvic examination in the treatment of ovarian cancer. A study published in "The...
- Free agency for CMAJ Editor-in-Chief. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/8/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 2, pE85
The article presents the insights of Paul HÃ©bert of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" (CMAJ) regarding his decision to quit as editor-in-chief after his five-year contract expires on December 15, 2011. He mentions that he had fulfilled his objectives for the journal and cites the...
- Your Editorial Board: Dr. Richard Smith. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/03/98, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p1077
Interviews Richard Smith, editor of the `British Medical Journal' and chief executive of the BMJ Publishing Group. His participation on the editorial board of the Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ); Most influential teacher; Pastimes; Advice towards young physicians; More.
- Competing interests of authors: We have revised our policy. Stanbrook, Matthew B.; Flegel, Ken; MacDonald, Noni; Attaran, Amir; Eggertson, Laura; Sibbald, Barbara; Kelsall, Diane; Fletcher, John; Ramsay, Joan; Kale, Rajendra; Hébert, Paul C. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/7/2009, Vol. 181 Issue 1/2, p11
The authors reflect on the changes made by the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" (CMAJ) in its publication policies in 2009. They indicate the aim of the move to provide protection on the integrity of the articles in the journal. They also cite the retention of the major elements in the...
- ECMAJ: evolving at your suggestion. Bolster, Ann // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/27/99, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p180
Mentions the `Canadian Medical Association Journal' Web site. Changes made as a result of a fall 1998 survey of visitors to CMA Online; July 1999 articles on the site being available in PDF and in HyperText Markup Language; Links to MEDLINE; The addition of a daily online news service.