BTIG Expands HY, Distressed Group
- BTIG Expands HY, Distressed Group. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/24/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p9
The article announces the appointments of Elie Radinsky as head of high yield and distressed analytics and Mark Palmer as a high yield and distressed debt analyst at BTIG.
- MBIA Said to Pay Nomura For Claims. // National Mortgage News;2/24/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p1
The article offers information on agreement between bond issuer MBIA Inc. and Nomura Holdings Inc. that has put an end to claims related to mortgage-backed securities. It states that MBIA Inc. will pay 325 million dollars to Nomura Holdings Inc. to resolve the legal matters related to mortgage...
- Bond Insurers Turn to 'Mad Men' to Build Brands. Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;8/7/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34157, p1
The article offers information on the strategy adopted by bond insurers to compete in order to rebuild market share in the U.S. It discusses the marketing strategies of Assured Guaranty Corp., and its subsidiaries Assured Guaranty Municipal and Municipal Assurance Corp. It further presents the...
- MBIA Wins Ruling on Loan Buybacks in Bank of America Suit. // Insurance Broadcasting;4/4/2013, p20
The article offers information on the decision by the New York state appeals panel on the lawsuit filed by MBIA Inc. against Bank of America Corp. regarding losses on mortgage loans. It says that MBIA will be entitled to make Bank of America buy back its performing loan if they prove that the...
- HY Trader Departs BTIG for Broadpoint Gleacher. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/8/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p3
The article announces the resignation of veteran high yield trader Todd Sycoff from BTIG.
- BTIG's High Yield Group Sees Exits. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/26/2011, p14
The article focuses on a Bloomberg report on the resignation of senior employees of New York-based financial services firm BTIG's high yield sales and trading group including Robert Langer who is the high yield and distressed trading head, Kevin McDonald and William Tillinghast.
- BTIG Adds Preferred Products Expertise. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;4/4/2011, p1
The article announces the appointment of Allen Hassan as managing director on the preferred products desk at BTIG.
- Have contacts, will cash in. Schwartz, J.; Friday, C. // Newsweek;2/5/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p45
Examines the resignation of United States envoy to Hungary Mark Palmer, to manage the Central European Development Corporation, a new investment group begun to take advantage of economic opportunities in Eastern Europe. Outspoken voice for liberalization; Laws regarding dealing with the embassy...
- BTIG Hires High Yield, Distressed Sales Director. Sheahan, Matthew // Investment Management Weekly;11/9/2010, p1
The article announces that Robert Hannigan has been appointed as director of high yield and distressed sales of BTIG.