PREDICTORS OF ALCOHOL USE AND BINGE DRINKING AMONG ASIAN INDIAN STUDENTS
- The urge to BINGE. Schlosberg, Suzanne // Shape;Sep2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p194
Presents answers to the questions of the readers, related to binge drinking.
- Movies and Adolescent Binge Drinking. // Pediatrics for Parents;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 28 Issue 9/10, p30
The article offers information on the increased binge drinking amongst adolescents as an outcome of increasing alcohol consumption in films.
- Predicting Who Will Have Future Alcohol Problems. H. T. // School Health Alert;Nov2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p2
The article presents information on high levels of alcohol consumption which may further lead to chances of binge drinking among people aged between 21 and 35 years.
- Ask the doctor. Phelps, Kerryn // Australian Women's Weekly;Feb2010, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p141
The article presents questions and answers related to alcohol consumption including what causes a hangover, the health risks associated with binge drinking, and the health benefits, if any, of drinking.
- Trends in binge drinking in Canada from 1996 to 2013: a repeated cross-sectional analysis. Bulloch, Andrew G. M.; Williams, Jeanne V. A.; Lavorato, Dina H.; Patten, Scott B. // CMAJ Open;Oct2016, Vol. 4 Issue 4, pE599
Background: Heavy drinking is a major factor in morbidity and mortality worldwide. Little information is available on trends in Canada regarding alcohol abuse. We sought to estimate abstinence, binge drinking and alcohol intake exceeding low-risk drinking guidelines in the Canadian population...
- Alcohol and violence: Relationships, causality, and policy. WILKINSON, CLAIRE; ROOM, ROBIN // Contemporary Drug Problems;Summer2011, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p185
An introduction to the topics discussed within the issue is presented, including an article on the relationship between binge drinking and assault among young people in England and Wales, another article on the influence of setting where people drink the most, and another article on the expected...
- The relationship between age at drinking onset and subsequent binge drinking among women. Eliasen, Marie; Kjær, Susanne K.; Munk, Christian; Nygård, Marl; Sparén, Pär; Tryggvadottir, Laufey; Kai-Li Liaw; Grønbæk, Morten // European Journal of Public Health;Aug2009, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p378
Background: To examine the association between age at drinking onset and subsequent binge drinking, and to examine whether there are differences in this association between four countries. Methods: The data consisted of 68 539 women aged 18-47 years randomly selected from the general population...
- binge drinking. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p263
The definition of the term "binge drinking," which refers to the consumption of more than four or five alcoholic drinks in a row, is presented.
- HEALTH BEAT. // USA Today Magazine;Feb2012, Vol. 140 Issue 2801, p3
The article presents news briefs about health as of February 2012 which includes binge drinking and illicit drug use by female and male veterans in the 20-39 age group, the number of genetic mutants in the formation of colon cancer, and ingestion of drugs by children aged five or younger.