Christian music: The word is out
- In Christian music, will business bury faith? TAYLOR, ROBIN // National Catholic Reporter;02/12/99, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p18
Provides information on Christian music. Annual sales of Christian music; Information on the Dove Awards, a nationally televised annual awards show on Christian music; Retailers who have increased their Christian album selections; Reason for the growth of Christian music.
- Higher ground. Price, Deborah Evans // Billboard;08/30/97, Vol. 109 Issue 35, p36
Presents news for August 30, 1997 related to contemporary Christian music. National Quartet Convention's 40th anniversary in Louisville, Kentucky; September as Southern Gospel Music Month; Artists on the Southern gospel sampler; Others.
- TOP CHRISTIAN ALBUMS�. // Billboard;4/24/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 17, p66
Presents a tabular representation of the top Christian music albums in the U.S. as of April 24, 2004.
- TOP CHRISTIAN. // Billboard;9/3/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 36, p101
Presents a list of the top Christian music recordings, as of September 3, 2005, including "Mary Mary," by Mary Mary and "Reflection of Something," by Todd Agnew.
- TOP CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN ALBUMS. // Billboard;11/16/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 46, p110
Presents a chart of the top contemporary Christian music recordings as of November 16, 2002.
- GMA Week ends on a high note. Price, Deborah Evans // Billboard;05/10/97, Vol. 109 Issue 19, p42
Presents news briefs about contemporary Christian music as of May 10, 1997. The 1997 Gospel Music Association Week; The departure of Bruce Koblish as GMA president; His views of GMA; What he is most proud of during his tenure; Details about the conferences and concerts held during the week.
- Billboard® TOP CHRISTIAN ALBUMS™. // Billboard;4/23/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 17, p54
Presents a list of top Christian albums in the U.S. as of April 23, 2005, including "WOW #1s," by various artists.
- Gospel flows into the mainstream. Scruggs, Melinda L. // Billboard;4/30/94, Vol. 106 Issue 18, p4
Discusses the growth of the gospel and contemporary Christian music industries. Exposure of the Dove Awards; Marketing strategies; Incentives for retailers; Incorporation of major-label business models; Mainstream radio success; Future outlook.
- Higher ground. Price, Deborah Evans // Billboard;05/23/98, Vol. 110 Issue 21, p52
Presents Christian music industry-related news for the week of May 23, 1998. EMI Christian Music Group's launching of Sonic Fuel Music Sales to handle alternative Christian music; The success of the second Great Western Quartet Convention; The annual Gospel Jubilee to be held at the Grand Ole Opry.
- In The Spirit. Collins, Lisa // Billboard;11/2/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 44, p15
Talks about contemporary Christian and gospel music in the music industry. Release of the album 'Bishop T.D. Jakes Presents God's Leading Ladies'; Artists featured in the album; Songs included in the album.