PEOPLE & POSTS
- BEST OF THE BLOGS. // People Management;Oct2011, p21
The article presents the views of several bloggers on issues concerning people management in Great Britain as of October 2011. Chartered psychologist Peter Honey criticizes the plan of some ministers to work as mentors to workless families. Louise Redmond, director at Law Debenture Governance...
- INDICATOR. // People Management;3/22/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
The article presents information on economic indicators and human resource-related data in Great Britain. According to the British National Statistics, consumer price index is at 2.7% while retail price index is at 4.2%. In the three months to January 2007, unemployment rate was at 5.5%. A study...
- Spens seeks compensation. // Accountancy;Jul97, Vol. 120 Issue 1247, p18
Reports on Law Debenture Trust Corp.'s damages claims against Hereward Philips and Greig Middleton over their roles in the 1991 sale of Compound Sections Ltd. Facts of the case; Claims and contentions of the opposing parties.
- AngloGold optional redemption notice. // African Business News;10/10/2013, p6
The article provides optional redemption notice provided by AngloGold Ashanti Holdings Finance PLC, AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. and Law Debenture Trust Corp. PLC in pursuant to Condition 7(b)(ii) of the trust deed held on May 22, 2009. It is informed that bonds will be redeemed on the Optional...
- News: Business Round Up. // Accountancy;Mar2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1279, p17
This article presents information on business developments in Great Britain. Family-run or owner-managed small businesses, which are major sources of employment growth, are facing growing pressures, according to two new surveys. A study by company Horwath Clark Whitehill and Kingston University,...
- PwC loses Pru audit to KPMG. // Accountancy;Nov99, Vol. 124 Issue 1275, p7
The accounting firm KPMG has won the Prudential Corp.'s audit contract, replacing PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PC) which has served the insurance and pensions group for the last eight years. The Prudential selected KPMG as its new auditor after holding a rigorous tender process which involved...
- Goerke joins the Pru as group HR director. // Recruiter;2/9/2011, p35
The article announces the appointment of Peter Goerke as group human resources director of financial services group Prudential Corp.
- Employers urged to look beyond qualifications. // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p3
The article presents news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on 'Going Green at Work' conference, legislation on the right to request time off for training, and graduate recruiters.
- FAST FORWARD. // People Management;Oct2011, p10
The article presents a timeline of human resources-related events in Great Britain, held from October 1-26, 2011, including the implementation of agency workers regulations, the Conservative Party conference, and the launch of the nonprofit Employwers Network for Equality & Inclusion.