Keep an eye on working time rules
- Hunt has accepted Francis' recommendation on minimum staffing levels. // Community Practitioner;Jun2013, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that British Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has accepted the Francis report on the Mid Staffordshire scandal in England and that the National Institute on Health and Care Excellence (NICE) is working on developing a tool to calculate minimum staffing levels guidance.
- Survey: 'dangerously' low levels of staff. Sprinks, Jennifer // Nursing Management - UK;May2015, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on a survey by British trade union Unison on February 10, 2015 in Great Britain on nurse staffing at the National Health Service. Unison found that most hospitals are understaffed and is calling for mandatory staffing levels. The union's report "Red Alert: Unsafe Staffing...
- Stressing the point The employer. Zindani, Jeff // Lawyer;6/21/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p25
Discusses the views of an employer on the debate on personal injuries claims for occupation stress. Claim of the court that the employer is entitled to assume that the employee can withstand the normal pressures of the job; Offer of clear guidance by the court on the apportionment of...
- Stressing the point The employee. Korn, Adam // Lawyer;6/21/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p25
Discusses the views of an employee on the debate on personal injuries claims for occupational stress. Claim of the judge on the complexity of the causes of mental illness and depend upon the interaction between the patient's personality and a number of factors in the patient's life; Proposal of...
- So you think you're covered for injuries at work. Regan, William Andrew // RN;Jan83, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p91
Describes several cases regarding the legal aspects related to workers' compensation insurance of nurses. Coverage for a chronic medical condition caused by occupational stress; Insurance for personal injury of a nurse in the workplace; Need for nursing students and instructors to be aware of...
- EAP stalwarts set for fall. // Employee Benefits;Sep2002, p14
Clarifies common misconceptions surrounding stress-related personal injury claims. Factors to consider when offering staff an employee assistance program.
- How easily can an employee make a 'stress at work' claim? Shanks, Jenny // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/7/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4812, p39
The article addresses the legal implications of the stress at work claim by employees against employers in the hospitality industry. Topics discussed include several points that an employee should establish to prove stress at work personal injury claims, the impact of work-related stress on...
- Extended hours cash cut by a third. Iocobucci, Gareth // Pulse;3/16/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the warning of general practitioners (GPs) that they may stop providing extended opening hours after the government cut the payment per patient for the directed enhanced services (DES) by more than a third for medical practices in Great Britain.
- Online vote. // Human Resources (09648380);Mar2010, p7
The article presents an online survey which inquires whether the projected reduction in the formal working week to 21 hours will solve issues, including overwork, unemployment and carbon emissions in Great Britain in 2010.