How HR made a difference
- All the World's a Stage for Learning. NIKRAVAN, LADAN // Chief Learning Officer;Jul2013, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p30
The article discusses alternative leadership development programs in the U.S. Improvisional comedy club and experiential business training firm Second City Communications places students on comedy stage to develop their communication skills. Jazz Impact uses the parallels between music and...
- UNDERSTANDING MANAGERIAL DEVELOPMENT: INTEGRATING DEVELOPMENTAL ASSIGNMENTS, LEARNING ORIENTATION, AND ACCESS TO DEVELOPMENTAL OPPORTUNITIES IN PREDICTING MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES. DRAGONI, LISA; TESLUK, PAUL E.; RUSSELL, JOYCE E. A.; OH, IN-SUE // Academy of Management Journal;Aug2009, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p731
Integrating the work experience, leadership development, and learning literatures, we developed and tested a model of managerial development linking experience in highly developmental assignments, a learning goal orientation, and access to developmental assignments. Based on multisource data on...
- New Trend in Management Development. Macharzina, Klaus // Management International Review (MIR);1991, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p291
This article discusses new trends in management development. According to the American Society for Training and Development outdoor training programs, also known as experiential learning and adventure learning, are designed to develop leadership and teamwork skills through structured outdoor...
- Evaluating the Value-Added Impact of Outdoor Management Training for Leadership Development in an MBA Program. Kass, Darrin; Grandzol, Christian // Journal of Experiential Education;Fall2012, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p429
This study examined the benefits of Outdoor Management Training for the leadership development of students enrolled in an MBA-level Organizational Behavior course. Students enrolled in one of two experiential courses. Both were identical, except one included an intensive outdoor training...
- What Makes Tyson's High-Potential Leadership Program Critical to Company Success? Thompson, Mike // T+D;Apr2011, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p98
The article presents information on Tyson Foods, focusing on the firm's high-potential leadership development program, which is called LINC (Leaders into Champions.) It was created in partnership with the organizational development firm SVI. The program is designed to identify a broad pool of...
- Architecture of the Invisible. Chisholm, Ian; Bell, Mark // Developing Leaders;2014, Issue 14, p36
In this article, the authors describe a process adopted by them in designing a leadership learning event and the key choices they made in the same regard. Topics include experience-based learning and author Tim Gallwey as the coach of the event, choosing practice over expertise in terms of...
- How to become a leader. // New Zealand Management;May2001, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p13
Provides tips on how an individual can become a leader. Requirements of leadership; How a person can learn from his or her experiences; Way by which an individual can broaden his or her leadership experience beyond the workplace.
- Barclays Plans To shut India Equities Business. // Business World;1/5/2016, p7
The article focuses on the plan of British banking company Barclays Plc to shut its India equities business as part of efforts to control costs and boost profit.
- Finding an Experiential Approach in Graduate Leadership Curricula. Mitchell, Matthew M.; Poutiatine, Michael I. // Journal of Experiential Education;Winter2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p179
Presents an overview of experiential approaches to education. Models of experiential learning; Experiential approaches in leadership development; Challenges faced by graduate leadership programs; Information on the qualitative research methodology called Rapid Assessment Process.