- Teaming with talent. White, Jim // Management Today;Sep99, p56
Deals with the character types of workers found across various business disciplines. Doctor Meredith Belbin's research on team dynamics; Idea behind Belbin's method; Sports practitioners' explanation of how to build teams; Parallelism between sport and business.
- Theories of evolution. Glover, Carol // People Management;4/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p40
Discusses a research of Meredith Belbin on the role played by gender diversity in team roles in the human resources (HR). Impact of gender diversity on problem solving; Information on the book 'Beyond the Team,' by Belbin; Categories of additional non-core work.
- TEAMING UP. Laroche, Lionel // CMA Management;Apr2001, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the dynamics of multicultural teams in organizations. Differences in the team dynamics between individualistic and collective societies; Organizational structures of organizations in highly and mildly hierarchical countries; Attitude of work teams in Hong Kong and Japan regarding...
- WHEN TEAMS DEVALUE DIVERSITY. PANIPUCCI, DEBRA // Academy of Management Proceedings;2003, pD1
Ineffective management can result in exclusion of culturally diverse team members, preventing the full utilization of team resources. Using an experimental design, the present research found that team members are excluded from the team interaction based on the perception of dissimilarity,...
- SUPER MODELS. Clayton, Mike // Training Journal;Jul2008, p69
The article presents a set of team roles developed by Meredith Belbin. These roles include the co-ordinator who adopts an inclusive leadership role. Another is the Monitor Evaluator who protect the team from costly mistakes. Also, included is the Complete Finisher who ensure that every last...
- Building multicultural teams. Schomer, Karinne // Siliconindia;Feb2000, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p90
Discusses the basic principles of building multicultural teams in the workplace. Includes acknowledge the diversity of the team as a resource; Respect the uniqueness of every individual; Focus the team on a clear common goal; Establish cohesion around fundamental core values and ground rules.
- 3 Ways Diversity and Inclusion Programs Lower Discrimination Claims. Méndez, Julia // INSIGHT into Diversity;Nov2013, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p13
The article describes the three ways and strategy a diversity and inclusion programs lower discrimination claims in any organization, it includes awareness, accountability, and teamwork.
- How to eliminate the generation gap in today's work team. Farren, Caela // Employee Benefit News;Jun99, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p34
Focuses on how to eliminate the generation gap in the work force. Importance of diversity in the workplace; Obstacles to effective work teams; How to create effective teams; Team competencies needed.
- Teambuilding demolished by imbalance. // Works Management;Feb1999, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the advice of Leighton Williams of MCP Management Consultants on the importance of having a balance of personalities and roles in developing efficient and effective teams. Williams bases his advice on the study made by Meredith Belbin on team personalities and roles...