- DILBERT. // Corridor Business Journal;9/12/2011, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p15
A cartoon is presented about the job performance of the employees.
- Social media isn't an easy fix for brands' customer care. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;3/10/2011, p02
The article contends that the dedication, innovation and passion seen in social media should be redirected at a company's total communications approach.
- THE BUSINESS OF CHATTER. Safian, Robert // Fast Company;Feb2013, Issue 172, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the unifying theme of several articles in the issue, creative approaches to business communication.
- Is Business Success a Natural Talent? Trump, Donald J. // International Professional Performance Magazine;2008, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p19
The article presents the author's views regarding success in business. He expresses that managing a business could be a natural or acquired ability which requires discipline, focus, perseverance and training. He claims that heredity and environment could influence the development competitive...
- the debate. Dodds, Steven; Buckle, Sarah; Smith, Craig; Reeves, Richard; Felstead, Oliver; Clifton, Tim; Thompson, Peter // Marketing Week;3/22/2012', Vol. 35 Issue 12, p8
Several editorial articles are provided for the week of March 22, 2012. Steven Dodds argues how brand values can provide a competitive advantage. Craig Smith discusses how brands can foster loyalty through innovation. Tim Clifton announces an event sponsored by the National Advertising...
- CREATIVE SOLUTIONS. Perry, George // Smart Business Detroit;Aug2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the core value required for sustainable competitive advantage (SCA). The author says the secret to attaining SCA lies in finding the solution to conflicts that works for both the organization and for all of its customers. He gives the main reasons companies do not find it,...
- CREATIVITY AND STANDARDIZATION: COMPLEMENTARY OR CONFLICTING DRIVERS OF TEAM EFFECTIVENESS? Gilson, Lucy L.; Mathieu, John E.; Shalley, Christina E.; Ruddy, Thomas M. // Academy of Management Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p521
We examine relationships between creativity, the use of standardized work practices, and effectiveness (measured as both performance and customer satisfaction) among 90 empowered teams of service technicians. Despite the seemingly contradictory natures of creativity and standardized procedures,...
- Delivering Desired Outcomes Efficiently: THE CREATIVE KEY TO COMPETITIVE STRATEGY. Chatterjee, Sayan // California Management Review;Winter98, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p78
To stay strong in an increasingly competitive climate, firms must think creatively and make the best use of their resources. Managers tend to look at resources in terms of concrete product features rather than in terms of the abstract outcomes that are valuable to customers. Initially thinking...
- BIBLIOGRAPHY. Cagle, Ronald B. // Blueprint for Project Recovery--A Project Management Guide;2003, p271
The sources cited within this issue are presented including "The One Minute Manager," by Kenneth Blanchard and Spencer Johnson, "Serious Creativity," by Edward de Bono, and "Business Communication: Process and Product," 2nd ed., by Mary Ellen Guffey.