- Welcome to the New World of Work. Papiano, James // People & Strategy;Summer2015, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the guest editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the need to develop an open office plan, the need for transformational changes in thinking about human resources (HR), and the success of global leaders.
- SEEK OUT AN OASIS OF CALM. // People Management;Dec2011, p48
The article considers so-called quiet rooms in the work environment in Great Britain, spaces which may be used for prayers by members of religions or for meditation and stress relief by other employees. The quiet room of the offices of the Guardian Media Group newspaper publishing company is...
- For some companies, portable pension plans aren't practical. KAM // Personnel Journal;Jul93, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p38
Illustrates how portable pension plans are inappropriate for some corporate situations. Dow Chemical Co.; Silicon Valley corporations; Marriott Corp.; Pacific Gas & Electric; 401(k) plans; Office of Research and Economic Analysis; Intel Corp.; Employee turnover.
- I gave at the office. Caplan, Ralph // Print;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p150
Provides insights on home office setups for graphic designers. Benefits and disadvantages of working at home; Description of an ideal design office.
- A place to work. Pubillones, Joseph // Washington Jewish Week;7/21/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 29, p19
The article offers guidelines in designing a home office.
- Found-space home offices. Hufnagel, James A. // Better Homes & Gardens;Oct99, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p48
Discusses tips in designing a home office. Home office as part of the pantry; Characteristics of a good home office.
- Help with changing storage requirements. // British Dental Journal;4/14/2007, Vol. 202 Issue 7, p421
The article reviews the Variant D drawer system for dental offices.
- TRADITIONAL VERSUS OPEN OFFICES: A COMPARISON OF SOCIOTECHNICAL, SOCIAL RELATIONS, AND SYMBOLIC MEANING PERSPECTIVES. ZALESNY, MARY D.; FARACE, RICHARD V. // Academy of Management Journal;Jun87, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p240
The effects of a change in an office environment from a traditional to an open-plan design were examined for government employees occupying three types of organizational positions. Differential effects across positions for perceived personal privacy, amount of work-related communication, job...
- United Kingdom : JOHN COLDWELL PENSION AND INVESTMENTS invests in ILKLEY. // TendersInfo News;7/31/2014, p1
The article informs that John Coldwell Pension and Investments Ltd, a British wealth Management Company has made investment in Ilkley, moving to the International Development Centre in Yorkshire, England, as of July 2014. It reports that John Coldwell Pension and Investments Ltd has chosen the...