Unpaid leave could ease council job losses
- Matheny picked to chair County Council. // Wentzville Journal;1/18/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 3, pA5
The article announces that Nancy Matheny has been appointed as chairman of the St. Charles County Council on January 9, 2012 in Missouri.
- Council staff job fears allayed. // Public Finance;Oct2013, Issue 10, p17
The article reports on the reassurance of the Northern Ireland ministers that council workers do not need to encounter an open competition in order to continue their jobs after the forthcoming local government shake-up.
- Community Reacts to County Councilmember's Resignation. Bennett, Tracey Gold // Washington Informer;7/7/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 87, p1
The article announces the resignation of Leslie Johnson as member of the Prince George's County Council in Maryland.
- Complaint officially lodged against two Mohawk Council chiefs. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;3/27/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
The article announces the suspension of Mohawk Council of Kahnawake chiefs Gina Deer and Christine Zachary-Deom due to the evictions of non-Native partners or spouses living in Kahnawake, Quebec.
- Vulcan Eyes South Carolina Quarry. // Rock Products;Feb2015, Vol. 118 Issue 2, p47
The article reports that Roger Dunlap, vice president at the construction materials firm Vulcan Materials, has presented an overview of the proposed quarry to council members and public of Lexington County, South Carolina despite opposition from residents.
- Re-elected delegate vows to fight discretionary fund charges. DONOVAN, BILL // Navajo Times;12/24/2014, Vol. 53 Issue 52, pA-9
The article reports that Mel Begay, the re-elected member of the Navajo Nation Council in 2015, will face charges he faced including charges of permitting false Navajo Nation vouchers, conflict of interest, and fraud.
- Vacation policies around the globe. Frazee, Valerie // Personnel Journal;Oct96 Supplement, Vol. 75 Issue 10, Global Workplace p9
Presents a sampling of vacation and leave polices and practices in several countries. Data compiled by the London, England office of ECA International.
- By your leave. // Executive Report;Jan1994, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Surveys employee leave policies in the United States. Percentage of employers allowing 12 weeks of leave; Percentage of employers making a requirement to exhaust leaves; Percentage of employers expecting employees to take the initiative.
- Written rules prevent employee-leave woes. Feeley, Lisa // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/30/97, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p38
Answers a question on employee leaves in the United States. Types of leaves of absence; Length of leaves; Portion of leave that will be paid; Date when the employee is required to return; Documentation requirements.