NEWS IN BRIEF
- 61,000 jobs lost in three months. // Contract Journal;9/23/2009, Vol. 448 Issue 6737, p5
The article reports that the construction industry in Great Britain suffered from 61,000 job losses during the three months to July 2009 as per the figures released by the Great Britain Office of National Statistics (ONS). The figures show that construction and finance sectors were the hardest...
- Youth unemployment still on the up and up. // Education (14637073);5/14/2010, Issue 391, p2
The article reports that figures from Great Britain's Office for National Statistics have shown that unemployment levels in the country increased between December 2009 and February 2010.
- Q1 jobless figure falls to 2.46 million. // Mortgage Strategy;5/23/2011, p8
The article reports on the 0.1% decline in the total number of unemployed people in Great Britain in the first quarter of 2011 as revealed in the figures released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
- Unemployment rises to 2.64 million. Norman, Tessa // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);12/14/2011, p1
The article focuses on the figures from Office for National Statistics which shows the increase in the unemployment individuals in Great Britain to 2.64 million from August to October 2011.
- UK unemployment falls to 2.49 million. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;1/23/2013, p12
The article presents the report from the Great Britain Office for National Statistics indicating that the number of employed people in the country has decreased by 37,000 to 2.49 million in the three months to November 2012, compared with the three month period in 2011.
- Unemployment slides down to 7.1 per cent. // Mortgage Finance Gazette;Feb2014, p6
The article reports that the unemployment rate in Great Britain from September to November 2013 fell to 7.1 per cent, according to the Office for National Statistics.
- Unemployment. // Education Journal;Apr2010, Issue 123, p13
The article presents figures from the Office of National Statistics which shows that unemployment levels in Great Britain increased by 53,000 between December 2009 and February 2010.
- UK unemployment falls to three-year low of 7.6%. Berry, Michael // Fundweb;11/13/2013, p11
The article reports on the slight decline of the unemployment rate in Great Britain in the three months to September 2013, according to the British Office for National Statistics and the expected continuation of unemployment's decline in 2014.
- UNEMPLOYMENT: Jobless total is the highest in 17 years at 2.53 million. // Fund Strategy (Online Edition);3/21/2011, p10
The article reports on the increase in unemployment in Great Britain in the three months to the end of January 2011 based on data from the Office for National Statistics.