TSA Issues RFI for Look at Improving Checkpoint Efficiency
- Marshal Draw. Friel, Brian // Government Executive;Aug2002, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p19
Focuses on the impact of air marshals joining the U.S. Transportation Security Administration on homeland security. Comments of police chief Bill Daddio on the issue; Maintenance of security on the ground; Cooperation of the police officers to work overtime. INSET: HIRING BONANZA..
- TSA Issues FY '11 BAA for Security Innovative Concepts. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;10/13/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p19
This article focuses on the Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) issued by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration which seeks innovative concepts for security during fiscal year 2011.
- Briefing. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;3/12/2013, p1
This section offers news briefs related to the security industry including the plans of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration to award contract modification to Lockheed Martin, the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security certification of 19 states as compliant with the rules of the REAL ID...
- In Transit. Peckenpaugh, Jason // Government Executive;Jul2002, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p70
Focuses on the Operation Safe Commerce program imposed to ensure homeland security by the Transportation Security Administration in the U.S. Description of the program; Account on the establishment of the program; Efficacy of the program with the prevalence of terrorism threat confronting the...
- TSA Issues BAA for Innovative Security Concepts. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;10/26/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p22
The article announces that the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) issued a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for proposals for research projects to support its mission of ensuring the safety of U.S.' transportation system.
- FAST-TRACKING FLYERS. Donnelly, Sally B. // Time;6/21/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 25, p17
Reports that the Transportation Security Administration is taking a significant step toward speeding the security process for some flyers. Launching of a three-month trial of its Registered Travel program, a fast-track for frequent flyers; Provisions for approved passengers to use less crowded...
- Homeland superfluous. Johnston, Stephanie // Public Works;Apr2008, Vol. 139 Issue 4, p5
The author reflects on the misdirection of counterterrorism resources, citing her experience with the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA), where an item was confiscated from her because of exceeding the limit for carry on items. She states that through aggressive lobbying, the...
- TSA Reaches 100% Air Cargo Screening Milestone. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;8/4/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p4
This article announces the implementation by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) of a congressionally mandated requirement that all cargo being loaded onto passenger planes departing from U.S. airports be screened for explosives.
- TRANSPORTATION SECURITY: Efforts to Strengthen Aviation and Surface Transportation Security are Under Way, but Challenges Remain. Berrick, Cathleen A. // GAO Reports;10/16/2007, preceding p1
The article discusses the efforts of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to secure the aviation and surface transportation networks. It mentions that the TSA has created and implemented programs and procedures to secure commercial aviation and surface modes of transportation....