SPAWAR Selects Four Firms Under Potential $200M Cyber Contract
- Navy's local tech center will report to San Diego, expand focus. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p4
Reports that the United States Navy Information Technology Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, will be taken out of the reserves and readied for active duty. Placement of the center under a new chain of command outside New Orleans; Center's plan to work on a broader range of business solutions...
- US Navy-Marine Corps MARS Program to End. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Jul2015, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p76
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) is phasing out the U.S. Navy-Marine Corps Military Auxiliary Radio System (MARS) program in September 2015.
- New Pentagon Rules Blur Line Between Digital and Physical Warfare. WEINBERGER, SHARON // Discover;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p57
The article reports on an initiative by the U.S. Defense Department to better prepare for the threat of cyber warfare that designates cyberspace as an operational domain such as air, land, or sea.
- Pentagon designates the Internet a domain of war. Bennett, John T. // Hill;7/15/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 104, p9
The article reports on the cybersecurity plan released by the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) which considers the Internet as a domain of war.
- Defense contractors prepare to rebuild U.S. arsenal. Ames, Ben // Military & Aerospace Electronics;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the preparation of military and electronics contractors to rebuild the weapons stocks in the U.S. Continuation on the delivery of the weapon orders of the U.S. Department of Defense by suppliers; Negotiation between Raytheon Missile Systems Co. and the U.S. Navy for the production of...
- DEFENSE NFRASTRUCTURE: The Navy Needs Better Documentation to Support Its Proposed Military Treatment Facilities on Guam. // GAO Reports;4/5/2011, preceding p1
In this article, the author discusses the U.S. Navy's plans to develop its military treatment facility solution in Guam to meet the increases in the military population. It states that the navy is planning to expand inpatient and outpatient care in the replacement hospital and move dental care...
- DOD Makes Changes to Officer Joint Service Designation. Andersen, Trevor // All Hands;Sep2007, Issue 1085, p6
The article announces the plan of the U.S. Navy Personnel Command to implement the Department of Defense changes for the Joint Qualifications System.
- Asia-Pacific Strategy Exposes Navy Shipbuilding Plan To Criticism. // Defense Daily International;2/2/2012, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p5
The article discusses the U.S. government's Asia-Pacific defense strategy with specific reference to the Navy shipbuilding plan. It is reported that the government has postponed construction contracts on two Littoral Combat Ships (LCSs) and the slippage of one Virginia -class (SSN-774) attack...
- Information-Dominance Officers Need to Command. Augelli, Vincent A. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Mar2012, Vol. 138 Issue 3, p79
The article reports that the new Information Dominance Corps (IDC)will revolutionize the U.S. Navy's warfighting capability and lead us from a platform- to an information-centric model. The IDC's future senior leaders need to have both operational and leadership experience. IDC officers are...