Border Disputes To Threaten Bilateral Relations
- Belize and Guatemala: Logging Skirmish Accentuates Territorial Dispute. // Washington Report on the Hemisphere;9/6/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on a conflict between Guatemalan loggers in Belizean territory and Belizean Police and the Belize Defense Forces (BDF) on July 13, 2011. The conflict led to the arrest of Guatemalan Jairo Orlando Ariel Motta and the confiscation of eight horses and a few machetes. The...
- chapter 7: BMI Global Assumptions. // Chile Business Forecast Report;2009 1st Quarter, p55
The article provides information on the basic assumptions of Business Monitor International Ltd., the leading print and online publisher of specialist business information on global emerging markets, in forecasting the growth, inflation, interest rates and the exchange rate in the U.S., the...
- Foreign Relations. // Papua New Guinea Country Review;2001/2002, p21
Focuses on the foreign relations of Papua New Guinea as of June 2001. Border disputes with Indonesia and the Salomon Islands; Nature of relations with Australia and China; Diplomatic relations established with the United States in 1975.
- The Arab World and its Neighbors. Abdulla, Abdulkhaleq // Journal of the Social Sciences;Spring99, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p19
The Arab World is surrounded by 11 Asian and African countries that vary in size and geoploitical importance. Historically, their interaction has been less harmonious and peaceful than is widely believed. Conflict has been the rule, and peaceful coexistence and cooperation has been the exception...
- February 2, 1848. Hodak, George // ABA Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p72
The article explores the cost of war between the U.S. and Mexico in 1845 due to border expansion.
- The Iberian Case of Sibling Rivalry: Spain vs. Portugal. Berdichevsky, Norman // World & I;Apr2007, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses the relations between Spain and Portugal. Portugal is a separate entity from Spain. Its separation and independence from Spain is attributed to factors such as history, culture and geography. The reason behind the identification of Galicia with Spain rather than Portugal is...
- Border Disputes, Political Tensions Threaten Needed Cooperation in Central America. Wade, Christine // World Politics Review (19446284);9/15/2014, p1
The article discusses the impact of border disputes and political tensions on the cooperation and collaboration among Central American countries. Topics discussed include the raising of the Honduran flag by the military over the disputed Conejo Island in September 2014, the border dispute...
- Bahrain, Qatar agree to iron out differences. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/14/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p13
Announces the agreement reached between Bahrain and Qatar over territorial issues. Decision to establish diplomatic ties and settle differences over Hawar islands; Withdrawal of the petition filed by Qatar with the International Court of Justice; Bahrain's agreement to allow Qatar Airways to...
- China tells U.S.: 'PH disguises as a victim'. STEWART, PHIL // Filipino Reporter;4/11/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p44
The article reports that China has urged the U.S. not to take sides in China's territorial disputes with two U.S. allies, Philippines and Japan.