- Atrial Fibrillation, Atrioventricular Blocks and Bundle Branch Blocks in Hemodialysis Patients. Mandic, Ante; Tomic, Monika; Petrov, Bozo; Romic, Zeljko // Collegium Antropologicum;Dec2012, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p1395
Atrial fibrillation is one of the most frequent arrhythmias diagnosed in clinical practice and it is also relatively common in dialysis patients. Atrioventricular and intraventricular conduction disturbances are less investigated in hemodialysis patients and data about their prevalence are...
- CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES IN PATIENTS ON HEMODIALYSIS. Halima, Resic; Fahrudin, Ma�nic // Medical Journal;jan-mar2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p46
Incidence of patients who began treatment with a terminal stage of renal failure (ESRD) in the world is increasing in recent years. Unfortunately, kidney failure occurs much before the onset of symptoms of renal insufficiency. As a result leads to the failure of preventive measures, as has...
- Diagnosis of cardiac disease in pediatric end-stage renal disease. Chavers, Blanche M.; Solid, Craig A.; Sinaiko, Alan; Daniels, Frank X.; Chen, Shu-Cheng; Collins, Allan J.; Frankenfield, Diane L.; Herzog, Charles A. // Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation;May2011, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p1640
Background. Cardiac disease is a significant cause of morbidity and mortality in children with end-stage renal disease (ESRD). This study aimed to report the frequency of cardiac disease diagnostic methods used in US pediatric maintenance hemodialysis patients.Methods. A cross-sectional analysis...
- Hemodialysis Patients' Symptom Experiences: Effects on Physical and Mental Functioning. Curtin, Roberta Braun; Bultman, Dara C.; Thomas-Hawkins, Charlotte; Walters, Brian A.J.; Schatell, Dorian // Nephrology Nursing Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p562
Presents a study on the effects of symptom experiences on hermodialysis patients' physical and mental functioning. Methods; Analysis; Results; Discussion.
- Hemodialysis Patients' Symptom Experience: Effects on Physical and Mental Functioning. Arslanian, Joan // Nephrology Nursing Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p575
Comments on the article 'Hemodialysis Patients' Symptom Experiences: Effects on Physical and Mental Functioning,' by Roberta Braun Curtin et al. Tools used to analyze the data collected for the cross-sectional study; Findings gathered from the study; Response.
- Hamster bite peritonitis: Pasteurella pneumotropica peritonitis in a dialysis patient. Campos, A.; Taylor, J. H.; Campbell, M. // Pediatric Nephrology;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1/2, p31
We report the first case of Pasteurella pneumotropica peritonitis in a peritoneal dialysis patient. This rare infection was the result of contamination of the dialysis tubing by a pet hamster. We stress the importance of household pets as a source of infection in the peritoneal dialysis population.
- Literature Abstract. Brem, A.S.; Lambert, C.; Hill, C.; Kitsen, J.; Shemin, D.G. // Pediatric Nephrology;Aug2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, pB691
Presents an abstract on the outcome data on two groups of pediatric dialysis patients that were taken from a study on the clinical indicators of end-stage renal disease. Evidence that smaller children belonging to both sample groups tend to have a greater dialysis adequacy; Evidence that...
- Literature Abstracts. Ward, M.M.; Mendley, S.R.; Majkowski, N.L. // Pediatric Nephrology;Aug2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p690
Presents two abstracts on renal nephrology. Outcomes of renal transplantation among patients with lupus nephritis-caused end-stage renald disease; Urea and nitrogen excretion pediatric peritoneal dialysis patients relating to their nutrition.
- Chronic peritoneal dialysis in a 4-year-old boy with Lesch�Nyhan disease. Su Kim; Young Sohn; Sung Park; Dong-kyu Jin; Kyung Paik // Pediatric Nephrology;May2009, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p1089
A letter to the editor is presented describing the case of a 4-year-old boy who was diagnosed with Lesch-Nyhan disease (LND) and was treated by peritoneal dialysis for four years.