Winter Sports for All
- PING: G2. // Golf Magazine;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p204
Presents information about the new golf supply, 3-SW with TFC 100 graphite shaft, sporting good designed and tested for people with physical disabilities.
- TAYLORMADE: RAC OS. // Golf Magazine;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p206
Presents information about the golf club, 3-PW with T-Step Ultralite steel shaft, sporting good designed and tested for people with physical disabilities.
- WILSON: Staff Pi5. // Golf Magazine;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p206
Presents information about the golf club, Staff Pi5, sporting good designed and tested for people with physical disabilities.
- NATIONAL SCENE. USABA. // Palaestra;2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on Michael Wiseman, a legally-blind skier with vision in only his left eye, who carved the hills of Mount Pico in the U.S. It notes that Vermont Adaptive, a year-round disability sports nonprofit organization, wants to ensure that each blind or developmentally disabled winter...
- Stopping AMP hat-trick. // Super Review;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p32
The article announces that the annual Super Review Charity Golf Day will be held at Manly Golf Club in Sydney, New South Wales on February 28, 2008. AMP's winning run who among the golfing contacts in the superannuation world should be included in the team. This time, AMP will be hard-pressed to...
- Ask the Top 100. Allen, Dave; Midland, Greg // Golf Magazine;Jan2006, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p58
The article presents questions and answers related to golf. One person asks that what should be the standard length of clubs he should chose. A handicap reader asks that which tour pro should he try to imitate to improve his game. Another person who is a handicap wants to start playing again, he...
- CHAPTER 6: Basketball. // Assistive Devices, Adaptive Strategies & Recreational Activities;2003, p37
Demonstrates the adaptation and improvisation that will help students with special needs overcome the challenges associated with playing basketball. Cognitive adaptations that should be made for students with disabilities; Alternative and fabricated equipment that can be used; Activities that...
- sports & rec. Adaptive Skiing. Ballenstedt, Brittany // PN;Jan2016, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p47
The article looks at the efforts of adaptive ski instructor Bill Dietrich to launch an adaptive skiing program at Whitetail Resort in Mercersburg, Pennsylvania. Topics mentioned include Dietrich's work with the Two Top Mountain Adaptive Sports Foundation, use of state-of-the-art ski equipment...
- ABSOLUTELY PERFECT SET OF CLUBS FOR YOU. Breed, Michael // Golf Magazine;Jan2006, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p71
The article presents information about several sets of golf clubs. Four perfect sets one each for low-handicappers, mid-handicappers, high-handicappers and seniors are presented. Mizuno MP-32 4-iron forging has a pseudo-cavity to manage minor mis-hits. While testing, panelists hit any shot they...