A Gene Expression Profile of Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's Findings May Help Lighten LOAD. Breindl, Anette // BioWorld Today;4/29/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 81, Special section p2
The article cites a study at Mount Sinai School of Medicine and the University of Iceland which examines gene expression patterns in the brain autopsy samples from patients with late-onset Alzheimer's disease (LOAD) to identify a gene network that is deregulated in individuals with LOAD.
- Alzheimer's disease candidate gene PION is differentially expressed in human prefrontal cortex. Min Zhu; Saffen, David // Molecular Neurodegeneration;2012 Supplement, Vol. 7, p1
An abstract of the article "Alzheimer's Disease Candidate Gene PION is Differentially Expressed in Human Prefrontal Cortex," by Min Zhu and David Saffen is presented.
- Gene for Late-Onset Alzheimer's Found. // Drug Discovery & Development;Feb2007, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that an international team of researchers in the U.S. has uncovered a major new gene called SORL1, which is implicated in late-onset Alzheimer's disease. They discovered that the association between Alzheimer's disease and SORL1 is replicated in four distinct ethnic groups,...
- Gene Expression Alterations in the Sphingolipid Metabolism Pathways during Progression of Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease: A Shift Toward Ceramide Accumulation at the Earliest Recognizable Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease? Pavel Katsel; Celeste Li; Vahram Haroutunian // Neurochemical Research;Apr2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4/5, p845
AbstractÂ Â There is mounting evidence linking AÎ²42generation in Alzheimerâ€™s disease (AD) with sphingomyelin catabolism. Using microarray technology to study 17 brain regions from subjects with varying severity of AD and dementia we detected multiple gene expression abnormalities...
- Reduced Pathology and Improved Behavioral Performance in Alzheimer's Disease Mice Vaccinated With HSV Amplicons Expressing Amyloid-Î² and Interleukin-4. Frazer, Maria E.; Hughes, Jennifer E.; Mastrangelo, Michael A.; Tibbens, Jennifer L.; Federoff, Howard J.; Bowers, William J. // Molecular Therapy;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p845
Immunotherapeutics designed to dissolve existing amyloid plaques or to interrupt amyloid-Î² (AÎ²) accumulation may be feasible for treatment and/or prevention of Alzheimer's disease (AD). â€œShapingâ€ the immune responses elicited against AÎ² is requisite toward generating an...
- Gene expression parallels synaptic excitability and plasticity changes in Alzheimer's disease. Saura, Carlos A.; Parra-Damas, Arnaldo; Enriquez-Barreto, Lilian // Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience;Aug2015, Vol. 9, p1
Alzheimer's disease (AD) is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by abnormal accumulation of Î²-amyloid and tau and synapse dysfunction in memory-related neural circuits. Pathological and functional changes in the medial temporal lobe, a region essential for explicit memory encoding,...
- A computational procedure for functional characterization of potential marker genes from molecular data: Alzheimer's as a case study. Squillario, Margherita; Barla, Annalisa // BMC Medical Genomics;2011, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p55
Background: A molecular characterization of Alzheimer's Disease (AD) is the key to the identification of altered gene sets that lead to AD progression. We rely on the assumption that candidate marker genes for a given disease belong to specific pathogenic pathways, and we aim at unveiling those...
- PET amyloid ligand [11C]PIB uptake shows predominantly striatal increase in variant Alzheimers disease. J. Koivunen; A. Verkkoniemi; S. Aalto; A. Paetau; J.-P. Ahonen; M. Viitanen; K. NÃ¥gren; J. Rokka; M. Haaparanta; H. Kalimo; J. O. Rinne // Brain: A Journal of Neurology;Jul2008, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p1845
Variant Alzheimers disease (VarAD) with spastic paraparesis and presenile dementia is associated with certain mutations of the presenilin 1 (PS-1) gene, particularly those leading to deletion of exon 9 (PS-1ÃŽÂ” E9). VarAD is neuropathologically characterized by the presence of unusually...
- Neurological disease: Inflammasome activation in Alzheimer's disease. Harrison, Charlotte // Nature Reviews Drug Discovery;Feb2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p102
The article discusses a study which reveals an increased expression of caspase 1 in brain samples from individuals with Alzheimer's disease (AD).