- History. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2012, p7
The article provides information on the political history of Sri Lanka including the establishment of Buddhism, the leadership of Sinhalese Prince Manavamma, and colonization of Great Britain.
- Historical background. // Sri Lanka Economic Studies;2000, p127
Offers a glimpse at the history of Sri Lanka that can be used as a means for executives to appreciate its role in shaping the area's current potential for strategic investments. Social development of the country; Key historical events; How the government structure evolved; Key events in the...
- Catholicism in Ceylon. VERSTRACTER, A. M. // America;3/20/1920, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p493
The author talks about the progress of Catholicism in the island of Ceylon. He outlines its history in Ceylon highlighting important events such as the conversion of the northern inhabitants of the island through the efforts of Saint Francis Xavier, the restrictions imposed by the Calvinist...
- History. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2001/2002, p10
Provides a brief history of Sri Lanka. Origin of ethnic groups; Form of government; Relations with neighboring countries; Politics in the 20th century.
- History. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2010, p6
The article provides an overview of the political history of Sri Lanka dating back from the Neolithic and Paleolithic sites, arrival of the Sinhalese before the common era and Portuguese invasion.
- Sri Lankan troops captured the northern part. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;11/20/95, Vol. 87 Issue 249, p2
Informs about the siege of the northern part of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, by the army which was one of the major hideouts of Tamil militants.
- Conflict and Community in Sri Lanka. Clarance, William // History Today;Jul2002, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p41
Explores the origins and complexities of the Civil War in Sri Lanka in July 1983. Historical accounts of colonization in the fifth century Before Christ; Arrival of the Indo-Aryan prince Vijaya to the country; Establishment of the Ceylonese constituency in 1911.
- Independence day in Ceylon. Cavendish, Richard // History Today;Feb98, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p32
Recalls that on February 4, 1948, the island of Ceylon officially gained its independence as a self-governing dominion within the British Commonwealth. Details on the celebration that marked Ceylon's independence day; Background on the island of Ceylon; Circumstances that led to the demand for...
- No Aryan invasion. Maulik, Sourav // Education Insider;Feb2013, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article related to Aryan invasion theory in the December 2012 issue.